IGNORED

Truck Mileage - how high would you go?

1 minute ago, Jcol6268 said:

You can totally go wrong! lol look at all the recalls. I’ll be honest, I used to be a Ford guy. Been jerked around too many times by BS issues and the ridiculously criminal service of Ford. Their master mechanics have to go to school on how to be crooks. I’m in a 2016 Tacoma right now with 250,000 miles. I hope to get at least another 100-150k out of it. After that I think I’ll go back to a full size. Thinking about going Chevy or Ram. We will see, I have plenty of time. 

I started and won a class action lawsuit against Ford. Never will own another one. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

3 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

I have money because I don’t do that stupid shit .

i get 250000-350000 out of a truck before i get rid of it .

a new truck isn’t broke in until 100000 miles .

I try to get my money worth out of my trucks. I'm religious with the maintenance schedule ( oil , fluid changes,  brakes, rotors etc).    My current tundra 2009 has 150,000 miles, ill keep it till it dies or starts costing repairs more then it's worth.   My other toyota got 247 ,000 miles before the bed rusted out.  

Edited by Dominant buck

Just now, Tarhunt said:

I started and won a class action lawsuit against Ford. Never will own another one. 

My last F150, I learned that you can max out the amount of tows you get with AAA’s Maximum Unlimited plan lol. You only get 4 tows in a year. I had to pay for my 5th. That’s how many times I broke down in a year from Ford “fixing” my issue. My last trip to Ford in Colonia, I spent $3800 on a “fix”. In three weeks it was towed back. Having the same exact problem, throwing the same exact code. They didn’t want to own up to their 1 year warranty on their work because now it was a totally different issue. I shoulda sued them but I was 25 years old and had too much going on in my life. It was the last thing I wanted to be bothered with at the time. I regret it in hindsight. 

Jack, I don't have a Tundra anymore, I have a tacoma. They both superior to the F150 in reliability, that's a fact. Another fact is that engine you have in yours will not last it will show signs of problems, Ford has many issues with the F150 let alone they don't know how to build and maintain hybred engines like in your truck. 

Yes I'm pro toyota, but I have owned every brand but RAM. If I wanted another 1500 series truck I would of entertain RAM, TUNDRA, & Chevy Trailboss.

Very rarely do I have to pull anything but no matter what truck I owned the bed is gets loaded down a few times per year

10 minutes ago, Jcol6268 said:

My last F150, I learned that you can max out the amount of tows you get with AAA’s Maximum Unlimited plan lol. You only get 4 tows in a year. I had to pay for my 5th. That’s how many times I broke down in a year from Ford “fixing” my issue. My last trip to Ford in Colonia, I spent $3800 on a “fix”. In three weeks it was towed back. Having the same exact problem, throwing the same exact code. They didn’t want to own up to their 1 year warranty on their work because now it was a totally different issue. I shoulda sued them but I was 25 years old and had too much going on in my life. It was the last thing I wanted to be bothered with at the time. I regret it in hindsight. 

I never go to dealerships. What they charge in labor is criminal. I search high and low for a mechanic. Found one nearby the house - reasonably priced and highly recommended by people in town. 

I guess if you have the warranty it makes sense to go to the dealership mechanic but gimme a local guy everytime. Issue with that is you may have to go thru a few till you find one.

8 minutes ago, BHC said:

Jack, I don't have a Tundra anymore, I have a tacoma. They both superior to the F150 in reliability, that's a fact. Another fact is that engine you have in yours will not last it will show signs of problems, Ford has many issues with the F150 let alone they don't know how to build and maintain hybred engines like in your truck. 

Yes I'm pro toyota, but I have owned every brand but RAM. If I wanted another 1500 series truck I would of entertain RAM, TUNDRA, & Chevy Trailboss.

Very rarely do I have to pull anything but no matter what truck I owned the bed is gets loaded down a few times per year

One thing i read is the RAM quality has gone down a lot. The starter goes quick apparently - im not mechanic or car guru ---- but i take care of my vehicles and never miss regular maintenance. IF you do that with any vehicle its going to last.

Form what i read about Fords - similar to what you said they kept messing/experimenting with the hybrid engines, also the turbos, and one of the most noticeable issues exist  within the FLEX engine supposedly

9 minutes ago, FeniQuest217 said:

I never go to dealerships. What they charge in labor is criminal. I search high and low for a mechanic. Found one nearby the house - reasonably priced and highly recommended by people in town. 

I guess if you have the warranty it makes sense to go to the dealership mechanic but gimme a local guy everytime. Issue with that is you may have to go thru a few till you find one.

I never go to dealerships. After many attempts at local mechanics attempting to fix my truck, I finally figured, I would give the dealership a try. Thats the one and only time I’ve had a dealership work on a vehicle. 

10 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

Hate to say it.....but..... Toyota is the best selling brand because it refuses to go electric.....

FB_IMG_1706219942314.thumb.jpg.a5d4dd537126c2bcb94f02728d74902b.jpg

Funny how they split Jeep/Dodge /Ram . Or Chrysler would beat Honda for number 4

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 minute ago, hammer4reel said:

Toyota is also making electric vehicles . They are just refusing to push them .

as they feel gas is still more affordable for many consumers 

that's very true,  and quietly they building and testing better batteries so when the time is right they just may be ahead of the game