IGNORED

Skull Hooker Big Euro Trophy Mount (revised picture)

archer36

After spending almost a year wondering what I was going to do with my Eland that I took in South Africa in 2022, I finally went this route. 

My cousin is a Taxidermist. I told him to get the Cape tanned while I thought about it. 

The issue was the size of a mount relative to the size of my trophy room 

I decided that an Eland shoulder mount would look out of place. I thought about a pedestal mount for a while but still thought it was too big. 

I looked into other options. All my African animals are Euro mounts on plaques so I decided to stick with the same theme and stay with a Euro presentation. 

I used the system in the title. It was very easy and cost less than $50. I highly recommend it. 

I finally have put this to rest. :up:

IMG_20240118_113830.jpg

IMG_20240119_135132.jpg

Edited by archer36

I have seen those mount brackets before and they work well, It looks good !

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

I been using them on whitetail wall pedestal mounts with great results. Warning - imperative for shoulder mounts that you secure bracket to a stud. (Don’t ask me how I know) 

You can change angle to exactly how you want it whenever you want it. It really expands the range of your mounts with nearly 180” range of motion. 

Here is 2022 Winter “vertical bow” buck for example. As u can see really takes full advantage of the wall pedestal form.  

It is a very well made quality product. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

I been using them on whitetail wall pedestal mounts with great results. Warning - imperative for shoulder mounts that you secure bracket to a stud. (Don’t ask me how I know) 

You can change angle to exactly how you want it whenever you want it. It really expands the range of your mounts with nearly 180” range of motion. 

Here is 2022 Winter “vertical bow” buck for example. As u can see really takes full advantage of the wall pedestal form.  

It is a very well made quality product. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Absolutely attach to a stud. !

Wall anchors don't cut it.

Sorry about the Crossbow in the picture Jack. :rofl:

Edited by archer36

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

No gun. My TenPoint Stealth NXT Crossbow. 

Cool! I didn't even really know what an Eland is. Had to look it up on Wikipedia. lol. Any guess what it weighed?

What other African animal mounts do you have?

• archer36 changed the title to Skull Hooker Big Euro Trophy Mount (revised picture)
3 minutes ago, BothBarrels said:

Cool! I didn't even really know what an Eland is. Had to look it up on Wikipedia. lol. Any guess what it weighed?

What other African animal mounts do you have?

Estimated 1800 to 2000 lbs. Took 4 guys to load it on a trailer with a winch. 

IMG_20220426_125208.jpg

IMG_20220426_125027.jpg

IMG_20190323_124008008.jpg

IMG_20190323_123942571.jpg