IGNORED

New to muzzleloader questions

Dominant buck

In my opinion, the best mass produced gun right now is the CVA Accura. I prefer MR-X. It does everything you need it to do and is simple. Stay away from TC Arms, unless buying used. The new TC arms are junk.

Biggest decision is pellets or BH209 powder. 

If interested, more than welcome to drive North and shoot mine.

2 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

In my opinion, the best mass produced gun right now is the CVA Accura. I prefer MR-X. It does everything you need it to do and is simple. Stay away from TC Arms, unless buying used. The new TC arms are junk.

Biggest decision is pellets or BH209 powder. 

If interested, more than welcome to drive North and shoot mine.

I have an older TC and it’s junk as well.

2 hours ago, Dominant buck said:

What is a no nonsense easy muzzleloader out there?

If by "no nonsense" you mean inexpensive, CVA Wolf is a cheap, no nonsense one, but iirc it only comes with 24" barrel so keep that in mind in case you are looking for a longer barrel. Wolf is CVA's entry level inline muzzleloader, and from what I researched is a fine first muzzy.

The Accura one people have mentioned is a higher end model that costs like $200 to $300 more than the Wolf so may not be what you are looking for. You can get a lower end model and put that couple hundred dollars toward all your accessories, cleaning supplies, and ammo/powder/primers.

The next step up from the Wolf is the CVA Optima. It's a good middle ground, and one that I ultimately went with.