IGNORED

Daughter's Snowy Afternoon Winter Bow Deer

Rusty

Congratulations, what's the secret to getting girls out in the woods, my uncles never had success with any of my female cousins, and I want to have a plan in case I end up with daughters.

Spend time with them when they are young.  Take them hiking and fishing as soon as they can walk.  Don't wait until they are teenagers and then ask them if they want to go hunting, they won't. 

My daughter blood trailed and dragged her first deer when she was 5.  That was 15 years ago and we have hunted together every year since then. 

Spend time with them when they are young.  Take them hiking and fishing as soon as they can walk.  Don't wait until they are teenagers and then ask them if they want to go hunting, they won't. 

My daughter blood trailed and dragged her first deer when she was 5.  That was 15 years ago and we have hunted together every year since then. 

I'll keep all that in mind, thanks for the advice.

Congratulations, what's the secret to getting girls out in the woods, my uncles never had success with any of my female cousins, and I want to have a plan in case I end up with daughters.

What Rusty said.  My daughter has been in the deer woods with me since she was 4, the pheasant woods and fields since about 7 and fishing since she was 2.  She decided at age 10 she didn't want to gun hunt, but more recently bugged me for a crossbow.  I actually held off for almost 2 years to make sure she really wanted one and finally broke down this past Christmas.  Now she's telling me she wants to take both her gun and archery tests this spring.  I'm glad I never sold her youth model 20 gauge with the bird and slug barrels when she was 10!  Next will be a smaller caliber rifle for NY and/or PA deer.