IGNORED

11/16 Check In

Greybeard

Done with that place.  Too warm to go back out tonight. 

Mixbaghunter, same crap here.  Guy yesterday walked right by my son with just a rust color hat.  Guy that set up in a tree 100yds from where i was sitting had no orange showing.  I got up to move away and he starts whistling at me as if i was going to encroach on him.  When i payed no attention to him, then he opened his coat to show the orange side .

21 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Mixbaghunter, same crap here.  Guy yesterday walked right by my son with just a rust color hat.  Guy that set up in a tree 100yds from where i was sitting had no orange showing.  I got up to move away and he starts whistling at me as if i was going to encroach on him.  When i payed no attention to him, then he opened his coat to show the orange side .

When the guns come out, it turns into outlaw season. 

20 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Yup most people suck sorry you are having a tuff year. Alway look forward to you post

31 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Sucks. Used to be a fun place to hunt with my ole man. Exactly what you describe is the reason I stopped hunting it.

3 hours ago, electric10162 said:

Sucks. Used to be a fun place to hunt with my ole man. Exactly what you describe is the reason I stopped hunting it.

One year i was stalking a big buck that was chasing a doe back and forth along a swamp.  3rd time she came back toward me the buck came in with her to 40yds.  I was down on one knee with gun on him waiting for him to take one more step for a clear shot when a guy in a tree 60yds away from me shot through all the treetops at the buck so I wouldn't shoot it.  Never came close to hitting anything but the limbs as the bullet passed by in front of me.  No orange, never seen him in the tree.  Screw in steps too.  Opens his coat so I could then see him.  I would have gave him hell but the buck didn't spook bad so I still wanted to try again to get him.  Called the park ranger and was going to show her where he was but she didn't want to cross the swamp and get her shoes muddy.  Said she'd check him when he came out but she wasn't there when we came out after dark and the guy still was not out.  His truck is always there long after dark until everybody else was gone.  Probably pulling out bucks without tagging them after everybody else is gone.  I caught one guy doing that and made him fill out the tags,  had to give him the paper one that goes on the deer. Might have been the same guy, coming out of the same place.  Out of state'rs.  

Last day in Ohio. 55. Raining.  Dreaded south wind.  Mature buck sightings all week - zero. I suck deer hunting sucks need a new fall and winter sport. No pics of a thing I would shoot back home since 9/15 buck is shot. . What is the point of all this anyway ?  Huge waste of time. May just give it up.   Game passed me by - clearly 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

10 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Last day in Ohio. 55. Raining.  Dreaded south wind.  Mature buck sightings all week - zero. I suck deer hunting sucks need a new fall and winter sport. No pics of a thing I would shoot back home since 9/15 buck is shot. . What is the point of all this anyway ?  Huge waste of time. May just give it up.   Game passed me by - clearly 

That's your own fault for bitching about the 2 buck tag rule and then you go and shot 3 last year lol

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

34 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Stop belly aching and show us the monster.  Rainy days are good hunting 

41 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

You want to help out the Deer Population out. Take up Predator Hunting 

1 hour ago, Roon said:

That's your own fault for bitching about the 2 buck tag rule and then you go and shot 3 last year lol

If I don’t  give up deer hunting I am going to try a new challenge next season. “6 spike challenge”. Max antler points combined = 12.  Extra credit if you can kill 6 legal bucks in under 12 points, which means you would need a unicorn micro-spike with only 1 antler point over 1”.  

The ultimate challenge - fill all 6 buck tags with spikes.  

I shot a big 10pt once….

15 minutes ago, Mixbaghunter said:

Stop trying to shoot big buck go back and just enjoy the hunt so man people forget it's about being out in the the woods. I blame the internet and the hunting  industry.  

6 spike challenge next year! 

I shot a big 10pt once….