IGNORED

11/16 Check In

Greybeard

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

If I don’t  give up deer hunting I am going to try a new challenge next season. “6 spike challenge”. Max antler points combined = 12.  Extra credit if you can kill 6 legal bucks in under 12 points, which means you would need a unicorn micro-spike with only 1 antler point over 1”.  

The ultimate challenge - fill all 6 buck tags with spikes.  

You're going to have some competition in that challenge. Just ask Lou, he has a box of my 2 dozen spikes. Can't hunt one of my zones that has AR, though.

Well a week near Zanesville is a wrap. Ended with a close call on a giant. I had a slammer walking edge of corn 75 yards. A true hammer. Wide dark and heavy. Thought it was gonna happen. But he ducked into corn. Right about on my scent line dammit!!!  75 yards and closing fast. Would have been a 20 yd shot. He came from east my scent blowing west. Probably his new scrape by tree. Dreaming about that buck  the rest of my life. I think it was bigger than my New Jersey 10.

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

16 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Well a week near Zanesville is a wrap. Ended with a close call on a giant. I had a slammer walking edge of corn 75 yards. A true hammer. Wide dark and heavy. Thought it was gonna happen. But he ducked into corn. Right about on my scent line dammit!!!  Z75 yards and closing fast. Would have been a 20 yd shot. He came from east my scent blowing west. Probably his new scrape by tree. Dreaming about that buck  the rest of my life. I think it was bigger than my New Jersey 10.

Don't remember you shooting a 10 in NJ