IGNORED

11/1 Check In

Greybeard

7 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Had a doe come from behind me, along my right side and across in front of me. Few minutes later a buck came same way but was closer on my right,15 to 20yds. Couldn't  move and he was moving. Waited until he cane around my front at 35yds. Looked like a double lung with softball size bloodspot. Saw it run 150 -2o0yds with tail whipping around, away from the truck of course. Will go check spot of impact in a minute then head over to where I  last saw him if all looks good.

Good luck with the recovery! Nobody hunts harder than you Mr. Beard!

Man just missed my target buck. He's a stud. He was reading the script. Walking the same path as the does. Farm dogs from adjoining property come to within 40 yards of my stand and start barking at them. He takes it wide and behind my stand. I draw on him in a tight window. Have a small hole to shoot through on a perfect broadside shot.  I touch off the trigger and it hits a branch and lands 10 yards short of him 🤦‍♂️. I have some good footage of him from yesterday and today, hopefully I'll post it if I'm lucky enough to get him on the ground. 

Its tough when you put a plan together, only to have it fall apart like that. 

53 minutes ago, Jcol6268 said:

Man just missed my target buck. He's a stud. He was reading the script. Walking the same path as the does. Farm dogs from adjoining property come to within 40 yards of my stand and start barking at them. He takes it wide and behind my stand. I draw on him in a tight window. Have a small hole to shoot through on a perfect broadside shot.  I touch off the trigger and it hits a branch and lands 10 yards short of him 🤦‍♂️. I have some good footage of him from yesterday and today, hopefully I'll post it if I'm lucky enough to get him on the ground. 

Its tough when you put a plan together, only to have it fall apart like that. 

Hopefully he didnt spook too bad & comes back.

2 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Have him hanging in the garage. Found him right where I last saw him. Getting to work on it right after lunch.  Son came in with the sled to help get him out.  He did most of the dragging. 

Couldn't find the arrow in the weeds and there wasn't much blood to start with but he ran faster than I ever seen a deer run and figured not much blood would be in any one spot.  Was bleeding out both sides.   Lot of blood where he started to stumble before he dropped.   I can relax a little now before muzzy opens.  Might go for a doe to donate if I get bored.

20231101_1019421.thumb.jpg.0a5a64681da5c4423bf115464a7a356c.jpg

20231101_1108581.thumb.jpg.4cc156d39dee45dcb6d51dd25de984ce.jpg

Nice buck congratulations !