IGNORED

Boat Launch for 14 foot tin Boat for fluke fishing in the bay

huntyctyboy

Just now, huntyctyboy said:

i used to go with my dad when we had the grady white out of atlantic highlands. I know that launch not the cheapest going after labor day.

is that still the best launch in that area to fish the sandy hook / raritan bay? 

Depends what area you want to fish 

launches in back of the bay 

keyport

leonardo 

ah 

both navasink and Shrewsbury rivers also 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Just now, kohunter said:

There is also Leonardo State Marina(Near the Navy Pier)

It's ok Got to go when the tides right small  concrete ramp back up to far you f*****

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

23 minutes ago, huntyctyboy said:

went to leonardo may years ago . keyport whats the launch fee and hours. don't see good info online

Municipal closed but small boat can get in and out there 

there also is a ramp at one of the keyport marinas 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

Plenty of locations along the bay from seawaren to the rivers. The key in a small boat is focusing on an area you want to fish first and launch as close as possible to that area. You do not want to launch in Atlantic highlands to go fish the triangle in a 14 foot boat unless your weather is spot on. Watch the winds and weather but regardless I would launch where I am going to fish. Rates are all the same price wise. $20/$25 to launch. Keyport has a few Marinas to launch at along with the town launch. 

1 hour ago, Mallard1100 said:

Plenty of locations along the bay from seawaren to the rivers. The key in a small boat is focusing on an area you want to fish first and launch as close as possible to that area. You do not want to launch in Atlantic highlands to go fish the triangle in a 14 foot boat unless your weather is spot on. Watch the winds and weather but regardless I would launch where I am going to fish. Rates are all the same price wise. $20/$25 to launch. Keyport has a few Marinas to launch at along with the town launch. 

Town ramp sucks, sometime its a bitch getting my tin boat on or off the trailer at low tide so I havent used it in years, if you want to launch there make sure you watch the tide charts:up:

Edited by bucky

5 minutes ago, bucky said:

Town ramp sucks, sometime its a bitch getting my tin boat on or off the trailer at low tide so I havent used it in years, if you want to launch there make sure you watch the tide charts:up:

It’s actually closed , no floating dock .

but small  boats haven’t been stopped using it 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

We should all be pushing for a salt water licence even a 5 dollar fee would get us do much more back in federal funding that would greatly reduce the cost of ramps for us a improve the quality of them but as sportsmen we either keep paying ramp costs rather than a lisence where the funds would be dedicated to certain uses such as ramp improvement and maintenance 

4 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

We should all be pushing for a salt water licence even a 5 dollar fee would get us do much more back in federal funding that would greatly reduce the cost of ramps for us a improve the quality of them but as sportsmen we either keep paying ramp costs rather than a lisence where the funds would be dedicated to certain uses such as ramp improvement and maintenance 

Falling on deaf ears in nj. But I agree

2 hours ago, mike033089 said:

Falling on deaf ears in nj. But I agree

We need to make the bennifits known.  Guys spen up to 40 dollars to launch a boat once but a 5 dollar yearly salt water lisence can greatly reduce or eliminate allot of those ramp fees not to mention other bennifits such as life jackets to borrow free or little cost kyak or paddle board rentals.   There's a place by my dads in Florida that takes 12 to 16 year olds on free fishing trips with federal funds and grants from their share of the funds that we don't get because we don't have a lisence.  The state won't push for it because they can't dictate where the funds are used so we as sportsman need to step up and advocate for it.

There us a free ramp in ware town that was funded in part from pitman Robinson funds due to its high use of water fowlers and it is better than many 25 or 30 dollar ramps around

Edited by vdep217

4 hours ago, bucky said:

Agreed. I haven’t used that ramp in many years but it’s an option. The town does not want to invest and repair/dredge it accordingly. I launch and use the local marinas and can come in and out on any tide.