IGNORED

Fawn shortage

So was up at Hudson Farms today for their event. 
Shot some really nice handguns, then walked further up the road through a wooded area to get to the long range shooting house. 
As we’re walking my buddy asks, did you hear that? Still had my ear plugs in so I removed them and then heard a fawn bleating just ahead of us in the woods. 10 seconds later the very small fawn runs out of the woods, onto the paved road and takes off away from us.  We were like, hey that was cool, but then 5 seconds later a bear steps onto the road 5 yards in front of us looking for the fawn obviously. Well it stands there staring us down for about 15 seconds and as soon as I reached for my phone it ran back into the woods. 
I know that place is infested with bears and coyotes, so if there are still fawns around up there, and they have a decent deer population, which I believe they do, I think the rest of the state should be fine with this years fawn recruitment. 

3 minutes ago, Pathman said:

So was up at Hudson Farms today for their event. 
Shot some really nice handguns, then walked further up the road through a wooded area to get to the long range shooting house. 
As we’re walking my buddy asks, did you hear that? Still had my ear plugs in so I removed them and then heard a fawn bleating just ahead of us in the woods. 10 seconds later the very small fawn runs out of the woods, onto the paved road and takes off away from us.  We were like, hey that was cool, but then 5 seconds later a bear steps onto the road 5 yards in front of us looking for the fawn obviously. Well it stands there staring us down for about 15 seconds and as soon as I reached for my phone it ran back into the woods. 
I know that place is infested with bears and coyotes, so if there are still fawns around up there, and they have a decent deer population, which I believe they do, I think the rest of the state should be fine with this years fawn recruitment. 

Welcome to my backyard!  Bears and coyotes outnumber deer here!  

5 minutes ago, Rusty said:

We had a fawn,  but the frost killed it.  

Rusty is that really possible ?  Yes where you live you did have some frosty mornings but it warmed up during the day . I just have a hard time believing that a frost would do that . 

22 minutes ago, Russ 11 said:

Rusty is that really possible ?  Yes where you live you did have some frosty mornings but it warmed up during the day . I just have a hard time believing that a frost would do that . 

No.  The bears ate them before the frost could kill them.