IGNORED

New Broadheads For This Year

BHC

The Rage Hypodermics shot great, deet I shot died within 80 yards but very little if any blood trail.

With the Tenpoint Havoc I wanted to change up and decided on Sevr 2.0 TITANIUM, getting custom bolts made soon as well from AJ's Custom Arrows in Connecticut 

These broadheads could be locked so not to open when used as a practice head,  so not to dull the blades

20230426_153421.jpg

20230426_152940.jpg

20230426_153009.jpg

Edited by BHC

Good luck with the new heads. They are very highly rated as far as durability. 

We all look for the "silver bullet". There is none. There are dozens of heads that will give you great results. No shot is exactly the same. Comparing results is a crapshoot. 

If your head flies fairly straight and survives a heart/lung pass thru, it has done it's job. Blood trails are nice. But most deer will die within 20 seconds. It all depends what they did after the shot. If they run like a thorobred, you will track them over a hundred yards. If they react then slowly walk, they will go down in 40 or less. No one can predict that. 

Edited by archer36

I agree placed in the boil room, dead deer, but there is always that one time a blood trail is needed, and with the deer I shot with Hypodermics I was surprised really no blood only at the location of the hit, but all went down within 60 to 80 yards and within eyesight

4 minutes ago, BHC said:

I agree placed in the boil room, dead deer, but there is always that one time a blood trail is needed, and with the deer I shot with Hypodermics I was surprised really no blood only at the location of the hit, but all went down within 60 to 80 yards and within eyesight

Without blood it's near impossible. I hit a deer high with no exit hole years ago with my compound bow. The ground was soft and I followed the tracks. I could see that the tracks were from a running deer. I found it about 60 yds away. No blood trail at all. Was lucky to have the right ground conditions. 

Edited by archer36

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

Without blood it's near impossible. I hit a deer high with no exit hole years ago with my compound bow. The ground was soft and I followed the tracks. I could see that the tracks were from a running deer. I found it about 60 yds away. No blood trail at all. Was lucky to have the right ground conditions. 

That will happen with ANY broadhead. High entry and no lower exit....no blood. 

3 hours ago, BHC said:

The Rage Hypodermics shot great, deet I shot died within 80 yards but very little if any blood trail.

With the Tenpoint Havoc I wanted to change up and decided on Sevr 2.0 TITANIUM, getting custom bolts made soon as well from AJ's Custom Arrows in Connecticut 

These broadheads could be locked so not to open when used as a practice head,  so not to dull the blades

20230426_153421.jpg

20230426_152940.jpg

20230426_153009.jpg

Are you shooting from the ground with high exit?? 
this is what I get with every low exit

IMG_6481.jpeg

IMG_6482.jpeg

IMG_6484.jpeg

IMG_6487.jpeg

IMG_6488.jpeg

IMG_6485.jpeg

5 minutes ago, BHC said:

Treestand 20 to 25 feet

Glad you're young enough and your back and still do that

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

13 hours ago, DoubleLungDevil said:

Wanted to try these Sevr heads but After using the G5 megameats for the past 2 seasons I will never leave them, the holes are massive and every blood trail is truly a bowhunters dream.

X2 for the mega meats. Ridiculously sharp and every one I’ve shot had devastating results. I personally prefer a 3 blade for a mech head. 2 blades kill great, no failures. Blood trails seem to be hit or miss with them though

27 minutes ago, the truth said:

X2 for the mega meats. Ridiculously sharp and every one I’ve shot had devastating results. I personally prefer a 3 blade for a mech head. 2 blades kill great, no failures. Blood trails seem to be hit or miss with them though

Agreed, my property is super thick and although I never had failures with 2 blades they were definitely not consistent blood trails…every deer with the megameats looks like a paint sprayer went through lol

10 minutes ago, DoubleLungDevil said:

Agreed, my property is super thick and although I never had failures with 2 blades they were definitely not consistent blood trails…every deer with the megameats looks like a paint sprayer went through lol

A big thing to consider with out of the box broad heads most are not as sharp as I would want them thus reducing blood trail some.  Another factor of sharpness is how long are your broad heads in your quiver.   Just having them outside dulls them in time.  Don't believe me leave your shaving razor out for 2 weeks and you'll notice right away its not as sharp as it was when you left it out.

Stretch a bunch of rubber bans around a square than push a dull briad head threw them look at results.  Now take one out of the package and do the same notice results.  Now sharpen an out of the box broad head to hair popping sharp and push it threw the bands you will barely touch them and they will be cutting.  It is very close to how arteries react to blades of a broad head

Edited by vdep217