IGNORED

Super Bowl time….Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Batsto

It was a holding call not pass interference. I played , and coached the game. Really not sure what you guys are seeing. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt. But  You just Dont make a questionable call like that at the end of a very important game. Game changing call.  Ref that made call should have got together and discussed with the other refs . Maybe one ref saw  it differently like millions of fans and even the announcers. Greg Olsen who played the game for many years said it was a questionable or bad call. His exact words there was nothing there.  The Ref determined the outcome of super bowl 57. Not unusual for NFL it happens a lot. too much. Not saying KC would not have won anyway. But now you have controversy, and they probably will do replays on calls in future. 

Greg Olsen Calls Out Refs for Super Bowl-changing Holding Call

Edited by electricstart

28 minutes ago, electricstart said:

It was a holding call not pass interference. I played , and coached the game. Really not sure what you guys are seeing. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt. But  You just Dont make a questionable call like that at the end of a very important game. Game changing call.  Ref that made call should have got together and discussed with the other refs . Maybe one ref saw  it differently like millions of fans and even the announcers. Greg Olsen who played the game for many years said it was a questionable or bad call. His exact words there was nothing there.  The Ref determined the outcome of super bowl 57. Not unusual for NFL it happens a lot. too much. Not saying KC would not have won anyway. But now you have controversy, and they probably will do replays on calls in future. 

What do you think now? Hold or no hold? 

hold.jpg

You got a good picture of it. Hold. I did not see that.  Tough call at end of great game. I feel better now though at least it was a hold.  Like I said I could care less who won  I just hate when there are phantom calls. I have seen that not called many times but this time they called it.  Congrats KC ,  Great game Philly and Jalen Hurts. 

Edited by electricstart

27 minutes ago, electricstart said:

You got a good picture of it. Hold. I did not see that.  Tough call at end of great game. I feel better now though at least it was a hold.  Like I said I could care less who won  I just hate when there are phantom calls. I have seen that not called many times but this time they called it.  Congrats KC ,  Great game Philly and Jalen Hurts. 

The problem is every one is concentrating on the left hand when the hold happened just before it with right hand. 
I don't care much for football as well. Great game but they made it impossible for me to watch it by stretching it to too many hrs. 

Edited by Lunatic

1 hour ago, electricstart said:

Like Sirianni said, there was 125 plays to determine the outcome of the game. If the Eagles played like they did in the first half, we are not having this conversation. 

1 hour ago, electricstart said:

This article says the officiating crew agreed it was a penalty. 
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/12/super-bowl-ref-carl-cheffers-on-defensive-holding-call-it-was-a-clear-jersey-grab/

I don’t think it is good to ignore penalties no matter when they occur. If they didn’t make the call the Chiefs fans would be upset.

49 minutes ago, DonW said:

Yes Sir!:rofl:

That was just a general statement regarding the discussion of the so called " Bad Call". 

Here in the Chiefs Kingdom, after a loss people lose their minds. It's rather funny, but it's always the ref's fault!

Great fans and a great stadium as I recall.  I had a supplier give me tickets to a game at Arrowhead maybe in '89 when I lived in the Midwest and Kansas City was part of my sales territory at the time.  I can't remember who they played, but it was always good to visit the stadiums in the 7 states I worked in at the time.