IGNORED

2022 Gun Club 6-day check in

BowhunterNJ

54 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Driving deer WELL takes a lot of practice and learning what works & doesn’t at each piece. Some giant bucks are killed on drives that normally would not be seen during daylight. Some groups are really impressive. Some are just hacks.

Agree, I was lucky enough to hunt a property with another guy who worked with my dad. He had a nice size in a town with almost no other areas where anyone could legally hunt.  He would set up drives and place us in spots and the deer would almost run you over. He knew all their trails they would use and when. It was impressive.  Miss that place, warehouses now 

I grew up hunting with all the local farmers .

‘we drove just a few days each season and they filled their freezers of the deer that their crops fed all year .

good drives are very effective at moving the deer slowly to the standers .

guys that think it’s just guys yelling yo buck are clueless to how much thought goes into making drives work well , as well as loading the next piece to drive .

.and the camaraderie involved is 10 times the fun of hunting solo .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

11 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

I grew up hunting with all the local farmers .

‘we drove just a few days each season and they filled their freezers of the deer that their crops fed all year .

good drives are very effective at moving the deer slowly to the standers .

guys that think it’s just guys yelling yo buck are clueless to how much thought goes into making drives work well , as well as loading the next piece to drive .

.and the camaraderie involved is 10 times the fun of hunting solo .

As someone who started hunting as an adult, at a time when going solo in tree stands is the norm, I can say honestly that while I love my stands the camaraderie of doing drives well is pretty damn cool. Especially when it's a group who knows the area well and/or already has stands there. The planning and discussion of terrain and deer habits that comes together is challenging, makes you know the land better, and makes you appreciate your fellow hunters. 

2 hours ago, deadonshot2 said:

Do you have data to show that? I bet more people die falling of a tree stand then from a deer drive. 

I dont & i dont doubt treestand falls account for a big percentage of huntig accidents, probably the majority.  i should have specified accidental shooting hunting accidents.  i do know that when you hear of a shooting accident, it very often involves driving.

Edited by gregtpal
spelling