IGNORED

Favorite way to make backstraps?

Horn63

Hey Guys I shot a decent 8 pointer Tuesday and I am just about done butchering it. I wanted to make some backstraps over the weekend for some family and friends. What is everyone favorite backstrap meal? Thanks

Edited by Horn63

20 minutes ago, Horn63 said:

What sides do you like with it?

Some type of potato. Baked whole or diced with onion soup mix/oil and air fried or baked. Whatever veg you like is what you should make. It's a personal choice. A nice idea is a root vegetable bake. Carrots, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, turnips, parsnips  (delicious), cut up into about 1" pieces.  

Toss in oil, salt and pepper and cook till tender.

I would suggest a Wine Reduction for the meat. Only a few drops/drizzle is needed. Take two cups of red wine and a teaspoon of sugar and gently boil till syrupy. For an extra kick, put in a teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar. You won't be sorry. 

Edited by archer36

I’ll take the strap and I’ll marinade it in soyvoy.  It’s a teryaki, soy, sesame dressing.  In that bag I’ll add crushed red pepper and garlic a lot of it too.  Also through in some white onion and green or red bell peppers.  Then cook the strap on the grill super hot temp.  Make sure the middle is still a bit rare.  Pull it and enjoy. I’ll take the marinaded onions and peppers and fry them up in a cast iron next to the steak on grill.  Can probably throw some diced potatoes in there and make like a hash of sorts too.  That’s a good meal.  I enjoy it with a glass of my homemade red wine often.

You really can't cook a backstrap badly. I soak mine in Buttermilk overnight, Be sure to remove all the silver skin and most of all do not overcook it! I cover mine with Mccormicks steak seasoning and grill with a thermometer to 125.Tent it in foil and let it rest.:up:

Edited by toxo