IGNORED

Chukars Again W.M.A.

20 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Stupidest bird ever!!  
Even more stupid than the Dodo bird!!  Dodo State should save our license money or stock quail or pheasants for preseason dog training. 

10 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

They really are, you get there and they stand on the path just looking at you and your dog

You mean like this :) 

Well, he did decide to fly away... eventually ;) 

3 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

You are only allowed to pursue quail at peasley wma and green wood.  I'm guessing they were just staying within the bounds of the quail management program

Maybe, but a few years back they stocked quail at CM for dog training, pheasant's 1st, then quail, now chukars, what made it confusing was you would kick up quail during the season, but couldn't shoot them

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

You are only allowed to pursue quail at peasley wma and green wood.  I'm guessing they were just staying within the bounds of the quail management program

For training I felt the quail worked best, pheasant would get pushed past the power lines into the woods, chukar would run or be found dead, quail could always be found in dog area or front fields

6 minutes ago, JD48 said:

Are you saying stocking the quail was ridiculous?

No sir,Quail absolutely not great game bird, was talking about chuckars,being a Northern Hunter I am just not familiar. Apparently it seems they were in the past only put out for dog training purposes only no shooting them allowed. I think that's pretty cool:up:

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt