IGNORED

9/26 Check In

Greybeard

Good morning so far. Wiped a bug off my face and had a deer snort a couple times just 20yds away. Too dark for me to see it. Saw the white ass walk away, then another started snorting a dozen times. After 5 minutes I saw movement and 2 came within 10-15yds. It was just getting light enough to get a few pics set at 1/25 and f/2.8. There were 3. Camera clicks spooked them and they headed back down. Pics later.

19 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Good morning so far. Wiped a bug off my face and had a deer snort a couple times just 20yds away. Too dark for me to see it. Saw the white ass walk away, then another started snorting a dozen times. After 5 minutes I saw movement and 2 came within 10-15yds. It was just getting light enough to get a few pics set at 1/25 and f/2.8. There were 3. Camera clicks spooked them and they headed back down. Pics later.

Used to be I'd just my speed to 400 600 iso is that even possible with these cameras today

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Just now, hunterbob1 said:

Used to be I'd just my speed to 400 is that even possible with these cameras today

400 is pretty fast shutter speed. Mine goes up to 8000 and down to 30 seconds. 1/25th is a quarter of a second. 1/400th of a second is what you shot at. Had it maxed out at 6400iso. Camera picked them out but it was still too dark to see to shoot.

21 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

400 is pretty fast shutter speed. Mine goes up to 8000 and down to 30 seconds. 1/25th is a quarter of a second. 1/400th of a second is what you shot at. Had it maxed out at 6400iso. Camera picked them out but it was still too dark to see to shoot.

Pretty hard to hold steady freehand in low light. Do you use a tripod? Or rest the camera on something. 

2 hours ago, electricstart said:

Pretty hard to hold steady freehand in low light. Do you use a tripod? Or rest the camera on something. 

Had my knees up to rest my arms on.  f/2.8 is also narrow depth but it still came out in focus better than I thought it would.  Good to have them holding still looking at me.  First couple were blurred before they heard the camera and froze, had it on 1/40th at first and they were also too dark.

IMG_6307a.jpg.fc1ac579c60b7a8f03b86c031029d28c.jpg