IGNORED

For guys that butcher their own deer

electricstart

After 50 years of butchering my own deer, I finally picked up an electric winch from harbor freight last year. I used to use pully system a real pia to use. Now i can raise and lower deer. I  Back truck under pull deer off even use to pull hide off. I got this one but you don't need 2000 pounds one but I will use it for other stuff.319 now but It was 100 dollars cheaper last year or I had a coupon. I use in garage put a double 2x6 collar ties across roof rafters that must be strong. I used a chain to attach to the collar tie.  I ran an electrical cord to unit. Unplug when not in use.  It does have a 6- or 8-foot wire with up and down control. After a year and 4 deer and other uses like lifting my tractor front end. Best investment I made in a while. Works great. 

image.png.045c997e399cb3d64e0abb47106ac85c.png

Nice piece of equipment to have.

I have a century old block and tackle.  Haven't found it to be a pia at all.  Also lift my tractor with it and used it to pull engines hanging off of a chain wrapped around a beefed up joist.  Been using it since having my GTO in '73.  Used a 2x2 with nails in the ends to spread the legs until finally breaking down for a gambrel few years back