IGNORED

Porcupine

BHC

Pretty cool pretty rare. I remember seeing my first one back in circa 1972 off old mine road, slow as a possum.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

4 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Northwest NJ has always had porkies. It’s part of the reason fishers are on the increase here. That’s their primary food source. 

How does a fisher kill he doesn't get quilled:nerd:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

15 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Sometimes, but they seem immune to their effects.  Fishers get in close and flip the porcupines on their backs to expose their bellies where they don't have quills and kill them by tearing into their undersides.  

1 minute ago, Buck154 said:

Cool. That's something I never got on camera. There are fair amount in the northern top of the state.

Tooo far for them to waddle to Pork Roll country

The first one I saw was 20 plus years ago walking to my stand before daylight, the second one was while sitting in my treestand a few years ago in the pre-dawn darkness I heard something clawing a tree next to me, it was climbing up

1 hour ago, hunterbob1 said:

They get quilled. Every fisher I have ever caught and skinned had numerous quills in their pelt. Especially their face

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."