IGNORED

Good article for Roon!

2 hours ago, CJ3a said:

My dad plant one but no fruit yet

They do not self-pollinate and they do not same family pollinate, you need a different train from a different family, they grow suckers off of their root systems the sucker cannot pollinate the host tree that it grew off of. So multiple trees not an easy tree to pollinate flies and beetles do most of the pollinating or by hand, I put all of our dead fish around the trees and in the trees to attract everything usually more fruit than we know what to do with. Also a grafted tree will make fruit and three to five years while a seedling will make fruit and eat the 10. I still find them fascinating I guess that's why I have 30 of them planted in my yard lol

Edited by Roon

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

I have never heard of this fruit before! It sounds delicious though -- "The fruit's texture has been compared to custard, and the flavour is 'a blend of banana and mango, with undertones of vanilla, caramel, pineapple, coconut and melon, depending on the cultivar'" That sounds awesome... too good to be true?

I've got five trees this year producing full of flowers flowers are pretty cool looking they look like purple bells they smell like rotting flesh which brings in the flies they're also not native for the honey bees to appreciate from what I have read and understand of them, like I said I put all of our fish carcasses under the trees and I am normally loaded with fruit last year was a phenomenal year still eating frozen Papa LOL

IMG_20220503_161959777_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220503_162013546_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220503_162042716_HDR.jpg

PXL_20210703_163414136.jpg

PXL_20201020_211234884.jpg

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.