IGNORED

Undercooked Vension can cause rare blindness

megavites

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

seabass fluke and tuna that just came over the rail. 

I've been taught that seabass, fluke and tuna are just fine to eat raw, because they don't harbor microbes or parasites that can infect a human. I make sushi out of all the above, and stripers.

Salmon and cod, however, do. 

8 minutes ago, JFC1 said:

I've been taught that seabass, fluke and tuna are just fine to eat raw, because they don't harbor microbes or parasites that can infect a human. I make sushi out of all the above, and stripers.

Not true, can’t speak to sea bass but both fluke and tuna can contain parasites 

AWM

The parasite’s journey to the far side of Crockett’s eye began after the 57-year-old hunter ate raw venison backstrap ... He and his northern Ohio hunting buddies had long made it their custom to clean and chunk raw backstrap after a kill, season it with salt and pepper, and eat it while butchering and packaging their deer.

Uh... DUH!!

"I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I got a rare parasite infection by eating raw meat from a wild animal."

Edited by mazzgolf

41 minutes ago, JFC1 said:

All living animals can harbor parasites.  Some are more susceptible than others. 

My grand parents used to eat raw chop meat with pepper.  I will if I know how fresh it is.  Again there are always risk involved with consuming anything raw

Edited by vdep217

6 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

All living animals can harbor parasites.  Some are more susceptible than others. 

My grand parents used to eat raw chop meat with pepper.  I will if I know how fresh it is.  Again there are always risk involved with consuming anything raw

but not all parasites infect humans, and that was my pt

4 minutes ago, JFC1 said:

do they infect humans?

Not sure but can also contain tape worms which can’t be good LOL. I never realized fluke could have parasites until I was over a friends who purchased some from shoprite. I held ot up to see how opaque the filets were( freshness) and saw something. Started pulling 2” long parasitic worms out…. Gross

AWM

I wouldn’t never eat a raw fish unless I seen it wiggle that being said I’ve never really was crazy about any raw fish I’ve tried some wasn’t bad but I could make it taste better by cooking.  Scallops are excellent raw but they have to be alive for me to eat them. Do not go to your favorite fish market and eat a raw scallop your playing Russian roulette. A year or so ago my son was packing a trip at a freind of mines dock in NC when they were done a shrimp boat came in right behind them to pack and gave them a bushel of fresh shrimp well the got some beer a started eating raw shrimp welp he got a bad stomach infection from them and spent almost a week in the hospital with an IV in him. Again if you don’t see it wiggle don’t eat it

23 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

In Ethiopia they have "raw meat bars" on the street, and outside any good restaurant. You come up to the bar, pick out a chunk of raw meat hanging there, and the bartender chops it up and puts in on a plate where you and your friends eat it like peanuts.  I was amazed at how fresh that meat is, and how good it tastes. 

55 minutes ago, JFC1 said:

In Ethiopia they have "raw meat bars" on the street, and outside any good restaurant. You come up to the bar, pick out a chunk of raw meat hanging there, and the bartender chops it up and puts in on a plate where you and your friends eat it like peanuts.  I was amazed at how fresh that meat is, and how good it tastes. 

I hope no dogs or cats are involved. :nonono: