IGNORED

Etiquette

Codaboy

31 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

it is a Common trait for some  :censored: Fisherman to act in a Herd Mentality, There ARE plenty of spots to Fish & Hunt. The grass is always greener mentality is imbedded at an early stage of insecurity,  Complaining is natural to many, I had a Pissing match on another Fishing site where there was Constant :crying: About Access , a section of Beach temporarily closed, Replenishment - Spot Burning - someone was in my Spot, 

out of some 1000s members there were maybe 9 that had issues with it,  My Point there Fisherman and Catchers - Complainers, 

One day fishing a jetty in Ocean Grove with my Grandson at the time  9 yo , Where we do very well,  That Day we were Skunked and as we were leaving he turned and Said Grandpa we Can't catch fish All The Time.   That made my day even better, 

He Learned at an Early day from Fisherman 

IMG_0001 (3).JPG

union beach.jpg

Young man has the right mind set, can't get something all the time, probably still had a good time getting out , good for him

😎😎FIRST DAY BACK FOR Miss Belmar AND IT WAS AN ABSOLUTE SLAUGHTER!!😎😎

🔹It started off a little slow and took a little while for Capt. Alan to find the fish but once he did it was an all out SLAUGHTER! We LIMITED out in LESS THAN AN HOUR and even had to THROW BACK over 3 Dozen Stripers! Every fish we caught was a KEEPER! Some were JUMBOS over 35lbs!! We kept only what we were allowed and released the rest!😲😲

🎣🎣We WILL NOT be sailing tomorrow due to the weather BUT We will start Sailing DAILY starting Monday, April 4th but PLEASE make a reservation!!! Even If you want to pay on the boat call and make your reservation by calling Stephanie at 732-681-6866📲‼️ Or at Missbelmar.com

Attached Thumbnails

It wont last long before they are wiped out, we only had NY and Raritan Bay boats on them, now way toooo many southern boats taking the ride adding insult to injury beating on the same school of bass every day...I have a feeling the end is near...once again:-(

1 minute ago, bucky said:

🔹It started off a little slow and took a little while for Capt. Alan to find the fish but once he did it was an all out SLAUGHTER! We LIMITED out in LESS THAN AN HOUR and even had to THROW BACK over 3 Dozen Stripers! Every fish we caught was a KEEPER! Some were JUMBOS over 35lbs!! We kept only what we were allowed and released the rest!😲😲

🎣🎣We WILL NOT be sailing tomorrow due to the weather BUT We will start Sailing DAILY starting Monday, April 4th but PLEASE make a reservation!!! Even If you want to pay on the boat call and make your reservation by calling Stephanie at 732-681-6866📲‼️ Or at Missbelmar.com

Attached Thumbnails

It wont last long before they are wiped out, we only had NY and Raritan Bay boats on them, now way toooo many southern boats taking the ride adding insult to injury beating on the same school of bass every day...I have a feeling the end is near...once again:-(

:offtopic:        :hijack:                            Happy Sunday Church GIF by Outkast               :shakehead:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

1 hour ago, SPEARFISH said:

I blame the internet 

How about the days when CB Radios were popular along with VHS Radios ,  Fishermen would get Burned Broadcasting on them till Cell Phones became popular When my father had a boat we had Codes we used for Locations and Action,  

The Internet is Tame in comparison by the time a spot is Burned the Blitz is over,  

Loved it when Doe Does would listen in and take the bait and than watching boats heading there, 

Also loved the Prack :devil: we did with Popcorn  Get off about 1/2 mile from the fleet & Drag till empty a Bag  of Popcorn with in seconds the Seagulls and Terns would race to it drawing the Fleet to it, Have done in Surf fishing also, :popcorn:

Edited by 1957Buck

3 hours ago, bucky said:

You wont need etiquette soon there will be nothing to fight about, guys fishing in boats have none either...just saying.                              Carry on ole timer:happywave:

Ole Timer :shakehead:  I prefer Senior  :kissy:   Where I am going hopefully there is no fighting,  

61aAZ187sbL.jpg

Got nothing to do with age. Just had it happen to me and my kids yesterday - these old guys walked up. saw we had stringers in the water. went 5 feet to my left between and a teenager and dropped their lines with bobbers. 

Dudes bobber was 1 foot from shore after the current took it. It felt like him and the other guys were just waiting to see how long i would go without saying anything. It was nuts.

All i did was pick up my line to my left. move my kid over and sat next to the old timer. about late 60's. 

I was like wtf. They didn't even bother saying hey mind if i cut in a little or nothing. 

No i don't own the bank, but this is a good way to get in trouble, by crowding people and bullying people out of a spot. 

Finally my daughter and I caught fish and the other two left and went to get this - a spot someone else was talking about that they over heard.

Seems like the same guys who set up stands next to you or steal you stuff.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

16 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

Got nothing to do with age. Just had it happen to me and my kids yesterday - these old guys walked up. saw we had stringers in the water. went 5 feet to my left between and a teenager and dropped their lines with bobbers. 

Dudes bobber was 1 foot from shore after the current took it. It felt like him and the other guys were just waiting to see how long i would go without saying anything. It was nuts.

All i did was pick up my line to my left. move my kid over and sat next to the old timer. about late 60's. 

I was like wtf. They didn't even bother saying hey mind if i cut in a little or nothing. 

No i don't own the bank, but this is a good way to get in trouble, by crowding people and bullying people out of a spot. 

Finally my daughter and I caught fish and the other two left and went to get this - a spot someone else was talking about that they over heard.

Seems like the same guys who set up stands next to you or steal you stuff.

2 guys were probably jerk-offs their whole lifes

5 hours ago, bucky said:

Attached Thumbnails

So the Northern fleet can constantly pound em but the southern fleet is what’s gonna end it? So with that mentality. Can you northern boys please stop fishing til they show up down south.  Thanks. 

Edited by Buckeyes11

1 hour ago, Buckeyes11 said:

So the Northern fleet can constantly pound em but the southern fleet is what’s gonna end it? So with that mentality. Can you northern boys please stop fishing til they show up down south.  Thanks. 

Lol. Yep. 

Their were more northern boats in the cape may rips 15-20 years ago than local boats. They'd have 4-6 rods out with drail weights swimming eels. Then they'd trailer there boats down to md and VA for the winter stripers and tog. 

12 hours ago, Swamprat said:

Lol. Yep. 

Their were more northern boats in the cape may rips 15-20 years ago than local boats. They'd have 4-6 rods out with drail weights swimming eels. Then they'd trailer there boats down to md and VA for the winter stripers and tog. 

And how did that work out for the fishery? Doesnt matter north to south, south to north, the fishery cannot take a beating from every boat in the region and beyond. Week days 100 boats, weekends 200-300 boats, how long can or will it last:hmmmer:

2 hours ago, Boykin Runner said:

Sounds like the guys that set up near others corn pile !  Some folks look for the easy way to call themselfs an "outdoorsman "

In my day Corn Plies were Illegal and Unsportsmanlike,  See how the Easy way is Reversed :acclaim: But Then again you did say Sportsman Not Hunters ,