IGNORED

North vs south jersey

9CAS1

11 hours ago, Nomad said:

Sit the last hour of daylight and you should get one.

During the middle of the day some days they are just not out.  On another day they will be everywhere.  Hard to predict, but last hour they usually come out even on a bad day.

:agree:  

I find late mornings/early afternoons are the worst times for squirrel hunting. They are usually back in the nest or hiding away somewhere. Early mornings (just after or at dawn) or late afternoon (just before or at dusk). For a morning hunt, I get in at dawn and leave after about 2 hours. For an afternoon hunt, I get set up about 2 hours before sunset and leave at sunset. Remember shooting time is sunrise to half-hour after sunset.

Edited by mazzgolf

Was in like 8.. saw 1 beyond 40y scampering around at 9. It went up and down a tree. I tried making my way closer and it tore off like its hair was on fire. Saw a guy running a pair of beagles for rabbit. He saw 1 but didn't shoot. Saw a prescribed burn happening omw home at noonish at another spot.

I went out after work at about 2pm.  Walked in, sat down and got one in about 15 minutes.  Moved 100 yards and got two more after 15 minutes.  I'll try to get 3 more tomorrow so I have enough for dinner.   Going to send all the tails I get to Mepps, and see how many spinners they send me.

45 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I went out after work at about 2pm.  Walked in, sat down and got one in about 15 minutes.  Moved 100 yards and got two more after 15 minutes.  I'll try to get 3 more tomorrow so I have enough for dinner.   Going to send all the tails I get to Mepps, and see how many spinners they send me.

$0.25 per tail. 
https://www.mepps.com/squirrel-tail/Squirrel-Tail-Flyer-2022.pdf

I'm your Huckleberry :devious: