IGNORED

For the Trappers - Pic Added

16 hours ago, Shakyjake said:

Size alone made me think they were mink. Either way, fisher aren’t “protected” in NJ. Rather, they are listed as a fur bearer with a closed season. 

To me, that’s the same thing.  They are not a threatened or endangered species, but they get protection from any taking by not having an open season. Semantics I guess. But you are correct in that they aren’t a T&E species. 

12 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

That is enormous for a mink. 5 pounds is large, it is probably much less than that.  Foxes are generally 12-16 pounds

You know how that goes. As we are trappers how many time have you heard someone say a coon is 30,40 or 50 pounds...lol. 

I did get a 34 lber once and the guy I was sell too then had been buying furs and coon for 40 plus years (Don Hess). That was one the 2nd on he had ever seen over 30lbs in all those years. 

• electric10162 changed the title to For the Trappers - Pic Added
6 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

Got a good pic of him today.....

1282160608_20220224084550_IMAG6094-133-6094.JPG.8ae3d71664cb9d6bba4a16c64d9266dc.JPG

Now that is a fisher! See the color change on the shoulder. Mink are all one color. The tail is tapered on a fisher. Mink tails are basically the same size throughout.  I say 100% fisher! This picture is good!

Edited by trapoholic

6 minutes ago, trapoholic said:

Now that is a fisher! See the color change on the shoulder. Mink are all one color. The tail is tapered on a fisher. Mink tails are basically the same size throughout.  I say 100% fisher! This picture is good!

Now I see the other critter is smaller. This guy hangs out between my two ponds. Pretty cool to see him just cruising around the pond like he owns it!

Fisher 100 percent. There are a bunch of them in Sussex

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

That's a mink

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."