IGNORED

For the Trappers - Pic Added

18 minutes ago, nb6624 said:

Fisher are much bigger

117762.jpeg

23919.jpeg

That fisher was caught in Butler by someone trying to catch a stray cat in a Havahart trap. Can't believe that piece of crap held that thing

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

23 minutes ago, Shakyjake said:

Size alone made me think they were mink. Either way, fisher aren’t “protected” in NJ. Rather, they are listed as a fur bearer with a closed season. 

Bears are "protected" the same way currently. If you can't harvest them and the season is closed, they are "protected" 

Edited by Bucndoe

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

15 minutes ago, trapoholic said:

Here we go again- Fisher VS Mink. And in three months- same story. I believe that the pictures in the OP were both mink.

I don't think there are too many people saying fisher. OP asked if they were fishers but they are mink. First pic was a bit tough to tell because of the distance and not seeing tail but the head is that of a mink. Some fisher pictures were posted for comparison. I may have more pictures of caught and finished fisher furs, I just have to find them. They are one of my favorite furbearers to catch

Now lets go on to Ford vs Chevy, Duke vs Victor, or anyone vs Kyle Busch 

Edited by Bucndoe

2 hours ago, trapoholic said:

Correct. A fisher has a tapered tail much like an otter. A minks tail is roughly the same diameter throughout. And using your trail cam photos, we can clearly see in the second picture, the fisher with the tapered tail.

The one that is in my pond near the house is big, maybe 15 pounds or so. When we first saw him I thought it was a beaver. It was very elusive and disappeared quickly.

6 hours ago, electric10162 said:

Are you allowed to trap them?

Yes

If they were mink, how long do they last with so many fox and coyote around?

They are pretty good survivalists themselves

The one that is in my pond near the house is big, maybe 15 pounds or so. When we first saw him I thought it was a beaver. It was very elusive and disappeared quickly.

That is enormous for a mink. 5 pounds is large, it is probably much less than that.  Foxes are generally 12-16 pounds

Edited by Bucndoe