IGNORED

Paulinskill River

KodiakMagnum

Looking for advice / recommendations on areas to fish this river. Had a day of work yesterday and drove up to the Blairstown area to scout out this river. Looking for an alternate place to trout fish this year other than the Rockaway River.  Found a nice stretch near the viaduct, but I read that parking is prohibited there and saw signs. Where do you park?  Traveled up a bit to W. Crisman bridge area, did not see areas to park, as well as No Trespassing signs on the land next to the bridge.  The best area looked to be on Sipley Rd where I did not see any signs and it looked like parking off the side of the road would work. Anyone with an thoughts on this that knows the area and fishing areas would be helpful.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, mike033089 said:

The parking lot behind the diner is part of foot bridge park. There’s a lot and you can walk down to the river.  Also knot just flies is an awesome store.  Sadly It’s for sale and if not bought, moving to PA I read on a local Facebook page. 

Thanks mike033089. I will check it out on my next trip. Bummer the business is up for sale

2 minutes ago, KodiakMagnum said:

Thanks mike033089. I will check it out on my next trip. Bummer the business is up for sale

Yeah it really is. I hope someone buys it. Was a quick stop to pick up live bait for me and anything I needed.  I believe there’s a sale going on with the inventory. 

8 minutes ago, KodiakMagnum said:

LPJR,

Thanks. I Live in Morris County, don't know much about the area. I was planning on taking more trips to scope out the area once I got some feedback from members that fish in the area. I appreciate everyone's help. 

BTW- Awesome site. I have just joined, but have enjoyed reading the forums

Ah, so why drive over the South Branch and Musconetcong on your way to the Paulinskill when the first two river are far better trout fisheries and with far more access and closer to home?  Just food for thought.  That said, the Paulinskill continues to improve as obsolete dams on the lower river are removed.  Columbia Lake dam is gone and American shad, river herring, American eels, and striped bass now swim much further up that river.  The Paulina Lake Dam removal is next, and the engineering on that is completed (I was unimpressed with the design).  It is out to bid for final engineering to permit and hire a contractor to remove it, most likely next year (summer 2023).  It will cool the river as much as 3 degrees F for miles which will greatly increase holdover water below and just above Blairstown.