IGNORED

The GOAT is Retiring

BHC

15 minutes ago, Buckeyes11 said:

Montana was def clutch. Can’t deny that. 

Today's QB's don't get hit like this anymore

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

1 minute ago, DBuck said:

Back when QBs played real football

Agreed 

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

3 hours ago, Jim_ said:

I'm another hater ... but he sure was great. Engineer so many late comebacks ... it would piss me off. lol. Pretty good for 44 years old, too.

When I was a little kid, for some reason I liked the Baltimore Colts. So, Johnny U still kinda my favorite QB.

Against the Giants at Yankee Stadium ...

unites.jpg

That's a great picture. Love those old time photos, dirt, mud real old time football. One of my old time favorites was Ken Stabler. Not the greatest for sure but a lot of personality and the Raiders were a fun team to watch 

32 minutes ago, BHC said:

Elite he was .....not many QBs had 4th qt come backs like he had.....he never missed a game until stupid Macadoo replaced him with Geno Smith, never once was he a whinner crybaby like some players are

numbers don't lie:  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1211729-ny-giants-eli-manning-is-the-most-clutch-quarterback-since-joe-montana

Dude, that article was from 2012, and it was written by Sean Hojnacki :rofl:. Yea he never cried, except for the night when he was drafted by San Diego and refused to play for them. He had his daddy call San Diego and tell them not to draft him. "Daddy, I don't want to pway wiff them, make it happen". that's why the deal was cut with them by the Giants for Philip Rivers. Truth be told, the Giants should've kept Rivers, He has better career numbers than Eli, just didn't have the defenses. Rothlisberger was the best out of them all.

We'll start with career records, and Roethlisberger holds a clear edge:

Manning: 117-117

Rivers: 123-101

Roethlisberger: 144-71-1

In terms of regular-season statistics, Rivers has the most impressive resume:

Manning: 57,023 yards, 366 touchdowns, 244 interceptions, 60.3 completion percentage

Rivers: 59,271 yards, 397 touchdowns, 198 interceptions, 64.7 completion percentage

Roethlisberger: 56,545 yards, 363 touchdowns, 191 interceptions, 64.3 completion percentage

When it comes to awards and accolades, Rivers again takes the cake:

Manning: Four-time Pro Bowler

Rivers: Eight-time Pro Bowler, 2013 Associated Press Comeback Player of the Year

Roethlisberger: Six-time Pro Bowler, 2004 AP Offensive Rookie of the Year

18 minutes ago, DBuck said:

Dude, that article was from 2012, and it was written by Sean Hojnacki :rofl:. Yea he never cried, except for the night when he was drafted by San Diego and refused to play for them. He had his daddy call San Diego and tell them not to draft him. "Daddy, I don't want to pway wiff them, make it happen". that's why the deal was cut with them by the Giants for Philip Rivers. Truth be told, the Giants should've kept Rivers, He has better career numbers than Eli, just didn't have the defenses. Rothlisberger was the best out of them all.

We'll start with career records, and Roethlisberger holds a clear edge:

Manning: 117-117

Rivers: 123-101

Roethlisberger: 144-71-1

In terms of regular-season statistics, Rivers has the most impressive resume:

Manning: 57,023 yards, 366 touchdowns, 244 interceptions, 60.3 completion percentage

Rivers: 59,271 yards, 397 touchdowns, 198 interceptions, 64.7 completion percentage

Roethlisberger: 56,545 yards, 363 touchdowns, 191 interceptions, 64.3 completion percentage

When it comes to awards and accolades, Rivers again takes the cake:

Manning: Four-time Pro Bowler

Rivers: Eight-time Pro Bowler, 2013 Associated Press Comeback Player of the Year

Roethlisberger: Six-time Pro Bowler, 2004 AP Offensive Rookie of the Year

Don't forget about Super Bowl MVP, twice

Edited by Bucndoe

5 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Don't forget about Super Bowl MVP, twice

Again, thanks to the Defense for getting them to, and being the major contributors of them winning those Superbowls. Look at Eli's stats in both of the games, they are not MVP numbers. What I posted was regular season stats. Rivers had much better numbers, even though he was out with injuries. Imagine what the Giants might've been if they only kept Rivers. BHC said that Eli was "elite". He wasn't even close. Eli only made the pro bowl 4 times, Rivers made it 8.

9 minutes ago, DBuck said:

Again, thanks to the Defense for getting them to, and being the major contributors of them winning those Superbowls. Look at Eli's stats in both of the games, they are not MVP numbers. What I posted was regular season stats. Rivers had much better numbers, even though he was out with injuries. Imagine what the Giants might've been if they only kept Rivers. BHC said that Eli was "elite". He wasn't even close. Eli only made the pro bowl 4 times, Rivers made it 8.

They will both end up in the Hall of Fame, but Rivers may have to wait because he never won a Super Bowl. That's just the way it is

Rivers isn't worthy of the HOF

crying when drafted many players have its a major accomplishment 

As far as Archie getting his son to play with the Giants...what's wrong with the parents doing whats best for their son? 

ELI = ELITE no way around it....facts are facts history is history...numbers don't lie....he beat Brady 3 times 2 of which was the biggest game and EZ E was MVP for both....

Tom Brady in the postseason
2-3 vs Peyton Manning
0-2 vs Eli Manning

That is kryptonite

Edited by Bucndoe

14 hours ago, Mink said:

I went from disliking him to just ok with him to really liking him .

What the Mink said ^^^^^

i too went from hating him as Eli’s arch enemy….deflategate…Coach Belicheat…..to respecting his game play….to really appreciating being alive during his long tenure and watching his career accomplishments. He seems like a good family guy and a great dad too