IGNORED

My Hunting Spot will be an Amazon Warehouse

1 hour ago, Buckeyes11 said:

They built 2 Amazon warehouse here in Swedesboro. U have no idea what’s coming. They have overtaken our local wawa. U can’t even park no matter what time of they day it is. And the amount of trash  is sickening. I can’t even get off of 295 in the morning after work. The exit is always backed up. 

You aren't kidding there. They're either packed into the Wawa parking lot or lining up on Pureland Drive.

In addition to that the amount of traffic increase on local roads from all the delivery trucks and workers' vehicles is crazy!!! 

Like CJ3a said the daily entrance/exit numbers look very low to me, unless delivery vehicles won't be operating out of there, based on what we've seen in Swedesboro. 

Its simple.......buy local......why do you think we no longer have any sportsman stores around.....Ive never even shopped on Amazon......but every day the trucks are delivering up and down my street......and hey my older daughters newer boyfriend works there....one of 8 million supervisors.......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

14 hours ago, Dead eye said:

It does suck,90% of my company’s work is those big tilt-up buildings. The beautiful ground they destroy really sucks. Did a few buildings in Cranbury logistics park, while working on the canopies and parapet blocking on roof we were watching bucks chasing through what woods are left. If anyone knows where I’m talking about they know how great of a spot they destroyed. 

If you are talking about that stretch of land between NJT 8-8a and rt 130, Monroe, Cranbury, South brunswick? Then yes, I know I very well.  I rabbit and deer hunted along there for 3 decades,  not anymore.    The only thing I can do at these spots is run the hounds in-between the warehouses,  they have those strips of land that are packed tight with briar, honeysuckle .  

And yes , there are some bruiser bucks living in them, also a yote I see almost every Sunday while running the hounds.

Edited by Dominant buck

16 hours ago, tjfslaughter said:

Well that sucks but if you shoot a deer once it’s built you could always ask them to put it in a cardboard box and drop it on your doorstep :).

It really frustrates me that our county is doing away with paper bags yet I can get 20 cardboard boxes delivered to my house. Don’t get me started on straws.

Good luck in your search for a new spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I went to Starbucks with my wife a few weeks ago. They give me my drink with no straw, I said “$5 coffee and it doesn’t even include a straw?”, the kid at the counter says it’s illegal to give out straws unless the customer asks for one. WTF anyway he gives me a paper straw great. A 20oz disposable plastic cup, but I gotta use a paper straw. Makes sense.

30 minutes ago, HighEndHooker said:

Yeah I went to Starbucks with my wife a few weeks ago. They give me my drink with no straw, I said “$5 coffee and it doesn’t even include a straw?”, the kid at the counter says it’s illegal to give out straws unless the customer asks for one. WTF anyway he gives me a paper straw great. A 20oz disposable plastic cup, but I gotta use a paper straw. Makes sense.

Yep I'm in retail food n it sucks.  Wait till may 22 when plastic and paper bags are banned

17 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I lose a good amount of turkey nesting, red-tailed hawk nesting, fox and raccoon habitat, deer and bear habitat to name just a few species that will be affected.  I am sure I have a few owls and other mysterious wildlife that I haven't seen that will be displaced.

Not to mention the 80' retaining wall they want to put in place of the trees I will lose.

And the state is allowing them to remove wetlands.  I thought we had something called "The Highlands Act" that was put in place to protect wetlands.

They have to mitigate any lost wetlands at a rate of 3:1.  So for every acre of wetlands removed, they pay someone to build or restore 3 acres.  It's not a perfect system, but it's better than no wetlands created or restored and only losses.  My firm does some wetlands creation for mitigation, but in VA and soon in MD.  

15 hours ago, DBuck said:

If you're talking about the warehouses they put in on the Ingersoll Rand then I actually didn't have a problem with it. That land is zoned industrial and couldn't be used for anything else. In fact, it was the perfect place for it. Taken open lands for them is a different story.

Zoned industrial, yes, but they were farm lands along NJ's best limestone spring creek that flows directly into the Delaware.  That water in turn is used by Trenton, Camden, and Philadelphia to name a few major cities drinking the runoff from the huge new Amazon warehouses.  I restored a mile and a half of the Lopatcong last year while these behemoths were being built.  Watched their storm water outflows pollute the Lopat every rain event.  Not sure we see eye to eye on that being a good location for warehouses.

Amazon warehouse storm water outflow.jpg

Amazon warehouse storm water outflow 2.jpg

16 hours ago, deadonshot2 said:

Must be something about horses and the mob. A woman I grew up with bought a place that butted up against a horse farm. Her husband wanted to put up a garage/patio/outside kitchen area so wanted to buy a small piece of the farm that they were not using. He went up the drive and when he got out of car two armed men stepped onto the porch. He got back in the car and left. Someone in town told him the mob owned the farm. 

Yellowstone!