IGNORED

bowstring question

BOWHIO

2 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

I am not capable of shooting beyond 40 yards (As Clint said, a man has to know his own limitations). It doesn’t make sense having a 5 pin sight if your only shooting out to 40 yards. I was not knocking Jack, as he obviously can shoot. Just think 3 pins is more appropriate if you only shoot out to 40 yds

He may have them set for practice at further distances .

want to shoot great at 40 , only shoot at 60 for practice .

and keep shooting there until you start to see your form improve and get decent groups .

‘Then when move into forty and less they all feel like chip shots .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

He may have them set for practice at further distances .

want to shoot great at 40 , only shoot at 60 for practice .

and keep shooting there until you start to see your form improve and get decent groups .

‘Then when move into forty and less they all feel like chip shots .

Didn't think of that...good point 

8 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

I am not capable of shooting beyond 40 yards (As Clint said, a man has to know his own limitations). It doesn’t make sense having a 5 pin sight if your only shooting out to 40 yards. I was not knocking Jack, as he obviously can shoot. Just think 3 pins is more appropriate if you only shoot out to 40 yds

The 50 and 60 pins ar for messing around and practice only, and I have not used a 40 in 15 years and may never again (in NJ). 

But if you go shoot at legit 50 and 60 yard targets like at @NotJust22s range and see that your sight's are doing what the are supposed to do at those ranges, it is pretty cool

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

15 hours ago, Ron said:

Who installed the strings for you?  Personally I keep an extra set around because I have done this to myself before. If you need a set fast I know a great company. But you would have to install or have a shop do it. If you are close by I can do it in a couple hours. The couple hours consists of string install and tune. 

What’s the great string company? 

UPDATE

i went to see tom at simon peter in newton/andover  great guy 

after seeing my old string he recommended  my old string would get me thru i shot it a few times there and was pretty close im adjusting my pin a little now at home 

will go out later with the wintry mix coming

i did order a new string from tom and will replace once it comes in but at least i can use my bow instaed of my back up

thanks to all who helped 

2 hours ago, BOWHIO said:

UPDATE

i went to see tom at simon peter in newton/andover  great guy 

after seeing my old string he recommended  my old string would get me thru i shot it a few times there and was pretty close im adjusting my pin a little now at home 

will go out later with the wintry mix coming

i did order a new string from tom and will replace once it comes in but at least i can use my bow instaed of my back up

thanks to all who helped 

I have done this before. But I would not tell someone to do it without seeing the other strings. 

Glad to hear you are still able to get out there. 

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees.