IGNORED

Good morning/Whittingham

LPJR

Was out this morning (but down here in the south) ... many guys got birds... fun morning.

Unfortunately, had a couple people with dogs gripe that we were pushing the field "the wrong way" and weren't letting anyone else hunt the field (even though the dozens of times I've been here, I've always seen this field pushed this same way - and the 8 other guys that I joined up with and was hunting with agreed with me). First time I actually had a problem here - but it seems like those guys have never hunted there before (they can't have - I don't know how they got the idea that the field should be pushed any other way than what we were doing). We always hook up with other hunters here and always have a great time, even though we don't know each other outside of hunting this field! Just hook up and cooperate with everyone and you'll have a good time. The people who want to swim against the current are the ones that cause the problems.

Hopefully, Whittingham was a little more stress-free.

image.png.51b76715715f5208048a961f0c6367f6.png

11 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Was out this morning (but down here in the south) ... many guys got birds... fun morning.

Unfortunately, had a couple people with dogs gripe that we were pushing the field "the wrong way" and weren't letting anyone else hunt the field (even though the dozens of times I've been here, I've always seen this field pushed this same way - and the 8 other guys that I joined up with and was hunting with agreed with me). First time I actually had a problem here - but it seems like those guys have never hunted there before (they can't have - I don't know how they got the idea that the field should be pushed any other way than what we were doing). We always hook up with other hunters here and always have a great time, even though we don't know each other outside of hunting this field! Just hook up and cooperate with everyone and you'll have a good time. The people who want to swim against the current are the ones that cause the problems.

Hopefully, Whittingham was a little more stress-free.

image.png.51b76715715f5208048a961f0c6367f6.png

We always pushed the fields before the dogs got in there. Why would it matter which way? Looks like you had a good day regardless.

2 minutes ago, rem870hunter1 said:

Nice....this morning was definetly interesting here in the South. 3rd time hunting that field. 4th time pheasant hunting ever 20211221_113929.thumb.jpg.478ee1bcb83b3b214387105ea08eb631.jpgI even got a birthday bird..no pun intended

Happy Birthday ,good day ,Is that your first bird congrats . 

Edited by electricstart

23 minutes ago, rem870hunter1 said:

Thank you! 🙂😀 got first blood on it. as i attempted to rack another shell up it was finished off. Luckily because (i guess the cold...it was 24°) another shell didn't feed out of the magazine.

If its cold out like this morning . I will give you a tip Leave your gun  in the cold before you go hunting . Safe place garage maybe . Even the shells you can leave them in your vehicle .. Work it a few time before you start .When metal goes from warm to cold things happen and they hang up . Especially autos. firing pins get stuck.  Could also be to much oil and it jells . If you don't feel safe leaving it out overnight in garage .  maybe put in your trunk or  bed of your truck  on way to your spot let it get cold .   Congrats again . Hope you get many more .

@electricstart this was probably the 3rd time it happened. Never ever had a fail to fire with it (870) or the 1100. I did have a few though with my single shot at a trap range. After a few dry fires it was ok. After that i stopped oiling the firing pin. Even though i only ever put 1 drop on it. I usually load everything but the guns before bed. If not i'll forget something. Happened last week. No garage so that option is out.

1 of the last days of the special winter canada goose season days it was a bitter cold morning with a few inches of snow on the ground too i had no issues with feeds. Was shooting 3in steel BBs then. Today was 2&3/4" #6 lead