IGNORED

Good morning/Whittingham

LPJR

2 hours ago, electricstart said:

If its cold out like this morning . I will give you a tip Leave your gun  in the cold before you go hunting . Safe place garage maybe . Even the shells you can leave them in your vehicle .. Work it a few time before you start .When metal goes from warm to cold things happen and they hang up . Especially autos. firing pins get stuck.  Could also be to much oil and it jells . If you don't feel safe leaving it out overnight in garage .  maybe put in your trunk or  bed of your truck  on way to your spot let it get cold .   Congrats again . Hope you get many more .

Leaving gun in cold is more for muzzle loaders so condensation dosnt build up and moisten powder..  the condensation ypu are going to get on a mag tube is likely not going to freeze.  It is probably gelling of oil left in mag tube

3 hours ago, rem870hunter1 said:

Thank you! 🙂😀 got first blood on it. as i attempted to rack another shell up it was finished off. Luckily because (i guess the cold...it was 24°) another shell didn't feed out of the magazine.

REM , you may want to pull the magazine spring out and shell follower and run a swab with a few drops of Hoppes on it threw the magazine tube, you will be surprised the crap that comes out (dirt, seeds, etc. ) I have an 870 from the 1970's, put a Wolff magazine spring in, with a Nordic aluminum shell follower, big difference (another option)

10 hours ago, JD48 said:

REM , you may want to pull the magazine spring out and shell follower and run a swab with a few drops of Hoppes on it threw the magazine tube, you will be surprised the crap that comes out (dirt, seeds, etc. ) I have an 870 from the 1970's, put a Wolff magazine spring in, with a Nordic aluminum shell follower, big difference (another option)

I did pull the spring. inside the tube is clean. I think it's the shell latch/catch not moving over enough. This Express has the newer retainer with the 2 dimples.

52 minutes ago, rem870hunter1 said:

I did pull the spring. inside the tube is clean. I think it's the shell latch/catch not moving over enough. This Express has the newer retainer with the 2 dimples.

you may want to check out this site Rem870.com , they talk about your problem