IGNORED

Do you really need a vent rib on shotgun barrel for hunting?

JD48

Have owned many shotguns through the years, Rem. 870s , 58s , Ithaca 37s , Franchi al48s , etc., always preferred plain barrels, lighter, ugliest thing, vent rib on sxs , you say?
I have a few without a vent rib on them Belgium browning. rem mohawk 48. 2 Winchester model 12s. I love shooting them old shotguns.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Codaboy said:

I have a few without a vent rib on them Belgium browning. rem mohawk 48. 2 Winchester model 12s. I love shooting them old shotguns.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Love the old A5s, owned a few, mag 12, light 12, sweet 16, had a standard weight 16 with safety built into front of trigger guard (suicide safety) a little tricky to operate

11 minutes ago, 308federal said:

Well, maybe some guys like pigs or lipstick or both.

My point is it's just window dressing. It does nothing to effect the filling of a tag

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

i don't have a preference on the vent rib. BUT i don't care for a mid bead. I can shoot it but would rather just have the one.

To me vent ribs are nice for fiber pins. Not sure they do anything for heat.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

9 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

i don't have a preference on the vent rib. BUT i don't care for a mid bead. I can shoot it but would rather just have the one.

To me vent ribs are nice for fiber pins. Not sure they do anything for heat.

Actually it does but not what most think..  it was created so heat waves didn't distort sight picture..  I've never noticed it on no vent guns

14 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Actually it does but not what most think..  it was created so heat waves didn't distort sight picture..  I've never noticed it on no vent guns

I noticed it on my browning A5 when i shot clays with in during the spring and late summer. You get heat waves off the barrel like looking down the road. I never did see them on vented ribs even when used a lot. Most of mine have the vented rib except the A5.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford