IGNORED

New Tenpoint Models ....505 fps !!!

BHC

I am intrigued with the rangefinding scopes. A few weeks ago, I hastily put my 20 yd pin on a nice fat Doe that was standing in front of my 30 yd tree. It was a group of 5 does and there was a lot of eyes and I rushed the shot. But who knows, you have to go through some gyrations to make these work so I might have gotten busted anyway. I don't think they are beneficial at close range but can be very useful at longer ranges. But a $800 price tag for just the scope will definitely keep me away. 

24 minutes ago, archer36 said:

I am intrigued with the rangefinding scopes. A few weeks ago, I hastily put my 20 yd pin on a nice fat Doe that was standing in front of my 30 yd tree. It was a group of 5 does and there was a lot of eyes and I rushed the shot. But who knows, you have to go through some gyrations to make these work so I might have gotten busted anyway. I don't think they are beneficial at close range but can be very useful at longer ranges. But a $800 price tag for just the scope will definitely keep me away. 

I have the Garmin X zero and love the scope. You just touch a little button which i mounted close to the trigger. You literally move trigger finger an inch or so then shoot! 

Certainly takes the guess work out of it. I have tried it from 10 to 51 yards and it was spot on. I took a doe at 27 yards and it was easy to use under pressure. only thing is if you do not like $800 you will hate the Garmin X zero price 

3 minutes ago, Slayer1962 said:

I have the Garmin X zero and love the scope. You just touch a little button which i mounted close to the trigger. You literally move trigger finger an inch or so then shoot! 

Certainly takes the guess work out of it. I have tried it from 10 to 51 yards and it was spot on. I took a doe at 27 yards and it was easy to use under pressure. only thing is if you do not like $800 you will hate the Garmin X zero price 

Yeah, I don't think any deer is worth $800 but can't argue with the benefit to it. 

1 hour ago, Slayer1962 said:

Guys had had issues with both range finding scopes from high treestands , same guys said they were spot in at ground level

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I’m a big fan of tenpoint. They have best quality and service of the crossbow companies. I’ve had my tenpoint turbo xlt for 7-8 yrs and I take plenty of deer with it yearly.

I also have a stealth ss as well which is my backup right now until I work the eye relief issue with the scope since it’s shorter but Both are good. At some point I’ll get a new turbo but I don’t need to shoot far 20-30 yards maybe 35 is the furthest I’ll shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its all Greek to me

35 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Guys had had issues with both range finding scopes from high treestands , same guys said they were spot in at ground level

Also, if it works like a handheld rangefinder, you may get a false reading if it picks up a small twig. I guess you must have a completely open shot, like in a field. In the woods it may be problematic. I guess nothing is infallible. 

Edited by archer36

Garmin X zero will "track " animals . you hold the button and it will read as they move which would confirm the yardage . Archer36 what was the cost of your last African hunt?

I never went but years ago when i looked into it they were about$10,000. No animal is "worth " what we spend to chase them. 

I spend a couple thousand every year on permits, guns, clothes its always been cheaper to buy beef lol 

The Garmin adjusts for incline my last doe was at 18 feet high in a stand 

42 minutes ago, Slayer1962 said:

Garmin X zero will "track " animals . you hold the button and it will read as they move which would confirm the yardage . Archer36 what was the cost of your last African hunt?

I never went but years ago when i looked into it they were about$10,000. No animal is "worth " what we spend to chase them. 

I spend a couple thousand every year on permits, guns, clothes its always been cheaper to buy beef lol 

The Garmin adjusts for incline my last doe was at 18 feet high in a stand 

Well it's not the same. LOL

I can hunt deer here and all over North America with any scope. I can't hunt African animals here. I did it with a Evo X Scope at 2X. All I needed. So, yes, the hunt is expensive but there is no alternative. If you want that hunt it has an expense. The Garmin scope is a "nice to have". Just because I may spend 10K on hunts doesn't mean I should piss it away on everything else. 

You didn't address the possibility of a mis read on the yardage if the laser happens to hit a small object?