IGNORED

Few Hunters? Where is the ammo?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 7:38 AM, trapoholic said:

Will someone please help me solve this puzzle? If there are very few people actively deer hunting, who is buying up all of the ammo? And where is it? The Wal-Mart's in Middletown NY and Milford Pa do not even have a single box of any gauge or caliber in stock!

I bought 4 boxes of buckshot the beginning of this year. Maybe 6 boxes of it 2 years ago. I haven't bought any or needed to buy any since those 4 this year. I don't have a stock pile. 

Sold alot of steel and several boxes of lead last year

I am just throwing this out there . So  don't bash me to much . Does anyone else think the government is  buying it all up so the  public cannot get it ? Might not be our own Government if you know what I mean . Say Winchester Gets 5 million or billion dollar contract from x government are they not going to sell to them before Walmart . Money talks . Its a win win for them because then we pay triple at the counter and they make even more. Think about it . They want our GUNS and AMMO .

12 minutes ago, electricstart said:

the government is  buying it all up so the  public cannot get it ?

If I'm not mistaken (and I could be) I thought the US military has their own ammo manufacturer capabilities (??). In other words, I don't think the Army is buying their ammo from Federal or Winchester. I would be surprised if other large country militaries don't do the same.

UPDATE:   Lake City Army Ammunition Plant ..."Basically, they provide all branches of the U.S. military with every round of small-caliber ammunition they need."  https://coffeeordie.com/lake-city-ammo-plant/

Edited by mazzgolf

8 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

If I'm not mistaken (and I could be) I thought the US military has their own ammo manufacturer capabilities (??). In other words, I don't think the Army is buying their ammo from Federal or Winchester. I would be surprised if other large country militaries don't do the same.

Was not really talking military they make there own or have there own source I am sure  What about China or Russia or our own government  ? Not for military just so we cant get it . 

6 hours ago, electricstart said:

I am just throwing this out there . So  don't bash me to much . Does anyone else think the government is  buying it all up so the  public cannot get it ? Might not be our own Government if you know what I mean . Say Winchester Gets 5 million or billion dollar contract from x government are they not going to sell to them before Walmart . Money talks . Its a win win for them because then we pay triple at the counter and they make even more. Think about it . They want our GUNS and AMMO .

Maybe but I think the ammo shortage has more to do with a big increase in new gun owners, covid labor issues, manufacturers focusing on really popular ammo and people like us who buy up more ammo than we need when we can find it.  Sort of what people were doing with toilet paper last year.

I saw a video from one of the ammo manufacturers.  Don’t remember who he was - CEO/ Plant Manger - but he said they were producing a lot more ammo than last year and they still can’t keep up with demand. 

8 hours ago, Merkel said:

Maybe but I think the ammo shortage has more to do with a big increase in new gun owners, covid labor issues, manufacturers focusing on really popular ammo and people like us who buy up more ammo than we need when we can find it.  Sort of what people were doing with toilet paper last year.

I saw a video from one of the ammo manufacturers.  Don’t remember who he was - CEO/ Plant Manger - but he said they were producing a lot more ammo than last year and they still can’t keep up with demand. 

I know that’s part of it and really hope you are right 

8 hours ago, Merkel said:

Agreed

CEO/ Plant Manger - but he said they were producing a lot more ammo than last year and they still can’t keep up with demand. 

Now the hoarders have to stop, it worked with the toilet paper. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!