IGNORED

Is this Hat Legal on WMA'S ?

RPK0620

3 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Thurs the warden was telling people it had to be solid orange even with a vest. Made several guys change hats..  I let the guy next to us have one of my extras 

Well if these these people were wearing orange vests or jackets, well he was wrong !

Page 7 of this years Hunting & Trapping Digest shows a picture of a young hunter with a hat with a logo on it, under the "Welcome to Hunting in New Jersey" title ! And he wearing a jacket or vest with orange.

Page 26 under the heading HUNTER ORANGE states: "Firearm hunters must wear a cap made of solid daylight fluorescent orange  or  an outer garment containing at least 200 square inches of fluorescent orange material visible from all sides at all times while engaged in hunting".

I have a copy from the digest in with my license in case a warden wants to bust me regarding my hat  that is orange but with logos on front & sides. My vest has orange and the sleeves of my jacket under my vest are orange.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

12 minutes ago, beaverman said:

I don't hunt the Asian chickens so I never looked into it, but pretty sure a few years ago they changed the law for pheasant stocked WMAs that you need solid orange hat and vest So that may be why the CO said that.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

It applies to any Firearm Hunter in NJ no mater what they are hunting. It's on page 26 of the current 2021-2022 digest.

22 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

It applies to any Firearm Hunter in NJ no mater what they are hunting. It's on page 26 of the current 2021-2022 digest.

On stocked wma a solid orange hat is required as part of the 200 Sq in requirement.  It was implemented a few seasons ago.  It's starred under what do I need

Screenshot_20211128-154551_Kindle.jpg

Edited by vdep217

Thanks, VDEP217,  that is interesting.

The wording above on page 54 is very specific yet it refers back to "as part of the hunter orange requirement".

The Hunter Orange requirement on page 26 includes the word "or" between "cap " and "outer garment" .

I'm not arguing with you but it's confusing and kind of contradictory.

Also, I would say that 90% or more of the hunters I encounter on the WMA's have an orange hat with something on it but have loads of orange on their vests or jacket sleeves that you can see from 100's of yards away in the fields or the woods!

10 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

Thanks, VDEP217,  that is interesting.

The wording above on page 54 is very specific yet it refers back to "as part of the hunter orange requirement".

The Hunter Orange requirement on page 26 includes the word "or" between "cap " and "outer garment" .

I'm not arguing with you but it's confusing and kind of contradictory.

Also, I would say that 90% or more of the hunters I encounter on the WMA's have an orange hat with something on it but have loads of orange on their vests or jacket sleeves that you can see from 100's of yards away in the fields or the woods!

Not contradicting at all..  solid orange hat must be worn as part of the requirement on wma stocked with pheasant.   Pg 26 is the general orange requirement.  

Edited by vdep217

Emailed the CO. Got a different answer.

I suggest you email the game commission and keep your email.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

3 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

Emailed the CO. Got a different answer.

I suggest you email the game commission and keep your email.

That's interesting as the co in colliers mills was making people put on solid orange regardless of orange vest..  what was the anser you got

Just now, mazzgolf said:

When I went thru hunters Ed (this was almost 10 years now) I remember them telling us this. No logos at all. Solid orange required. They were very specific when they taught this. 

Correct if hat is only orange u have.  The debate is if  a vest is worn does it have to be solid orange on wma pheasant with vest