IGNORED

Is this Hat Legal on WMA'S ?

RPK0620

7 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Thurs the warden was telling people it had to be solid orange even with a vest. Made several guys change hats..  I let the guy next to us have one of my extras 

I’ve never worn a solid orange hat while pheasant hunting. Mine always have some sort of writing, logo or different color. I have one that is orange/lime green and never an issue. Often talk to the wardens while wearing them. 

"That's a dead bear!"

33 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

That's interesting as the co in colliers mills was making people put on solid orange regardless of orange vest..  what was the anser you got

been to colliers' mills and seen people with no hats, not many but a few, unless they were shot off their heads

8 minutes ago, JD48 said:

been to colliers' mills and seen people with no hats, not many but a few, unless they were shot off their heads

I believe there was someone on here a few years ago who said they saw CO writing tickets at colliers for not having solid orange hat. I saw CO yelling at a guy in first field a couple years ago to come back to the road. He was wearing a black hat and just an orange vest.  I am sure he got ticketed for not meeting the requirement on stocked wma.  

As far as what you may have seen is probably what happens occassionally. Guy starts sweating and pulls the hat off not thinking about the regulation at the time. But he would be subject to the ticket if caught. Did you ever observe a CO not address any of those people or was there no CO present during those observations?

38 minutes ago, JD48 said:

Maybe they were they red heads ?  :hmmmer:

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

1 hour ago, deadonshot2 said:

I believe there was someone on here a few years ago who said they saw CO writing tickets at colliers for not having solid orange hat. I saw CO yelling at a guy in first field a couple years ago to come back to the road. He was wearing a black hat and just an orange vest.  I am sure he got ticketed for not meeting the requirement on stocked wma.  

As far as what you may have seen is probably what happens occassionally. Guy starts sweating and pulls the hat off not thinking about the regulation at the time. But he would be subject to the ticket if caught. Did you ever observe a CO not address any of those people or was there no CO present during those observations?

no co present, have seen 2 guys get out of truck to hunt, hit the front field, no hats, but had orange vests on