IGNORED

11/8 Check In

Greybeard

34 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

can't hunt today but checked some sd cards.   I started noticing this last few hunts, all the does that went underground the last 2 weeks are starting to return in droves and reuniting with fawns.  A lot of bucks that survived are returning and even some old ghosts showed last Friday that I never expected, so I believe in my area of z5, rut is now past peak (remember - peak is WORST time to see deer action).  This has become my favorite part of the rut, as desperation sets in for the older bucks trying to get every last available doe and moving out of their core areas. We have another full moon coming 11/19 - and expect pockets of action until Thanksgiving.   Will be interesting to see if I see the crazy "post 6 day" rut action I saw last winter, which I never saw it like that in my life.   The 3.5 and older bucks I see returning are EXTREMELY thin so they have been very busy since around 10/13 when I saw the first older buck tending a doe.  One of the most "non-conventional" ruts I have ever seen, and I firmly believe it has everything to do with the 10/19 full moon and those that say moon has nothing to do with it, I will respectfully disagree!

I just have to agree with you....My cams the last few days are showing mature does or mature does with fawns with zero indication of bucks trailing them. as well as yesterday I saw 50 deer in many different fields only three where bucks and all small, the remainder does or does with fawns

can't hunt today but checked some sd cards.   I started noticing this last few hunts, all the does that went underground the last 2 weeks are starting to return in droves and reuniting with fawns.  A lot of bucks that survived are returning and even some old ghosts showed last Friday that I never expected, so I believe in my area of z5, rut is now past peak (remember - peak is WORST time to see deer action).  This has become my favorite part of the rut, as desperation sets in for the older bucks trying to get every last available doe and moving out of their core areas. We have another full moon coming 11/19 - and expect pockets of action until Thanksgiving.   Will be interesting to see if I see the crazy "post 6 day" rut action I saw last winter, which I never saw it like that in my life.   The 3.5 and older bucks I see returning are EXTREMELY thin so they have been very busy since around 10/13 when I saw the first older buck tending a doe.  One of the most "non-conventional" ruts I have ever seen, and I firmly believe it has everything to do with the 10/19 full moon and those that say moon has nothing to do with it, I will respectfully disagree!

Saw some light chasing of smaller doe. He was licking her tail but really was not pushing her to hard. Another buck came in am rubbing and scrapping

Moved out this morning as wind shifted

I had does on camera this morning and last night in attended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just have to agree with you....My cams the last few days are showing mature does or mature does with fawns with zero indication of bucks trailing them. as well as yesterday I saw 50 deer in many different fields only three where bucks and all small, the remainder does or does with fawns

What a difference a week makes

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_7145.jpg