IGNORED

Butchering Question

NorthJerseyMike

So, I have always butchered my own deer and have cut chops, steaks, roasts, stew chunks, ground, and have made sausage/Chorizo, jerky, etc.  

I am looking for a butcher who makes outstanding spicy snack sticks and hot dogs.  I don't have the time right now to do this.  I live in Kinnelon in Morris County, but will drive up to an hour.  Please leave me your references.  Thanks! 

"God bless America and the 2nd Amendment!" 

www.NorthJerseyMike.com

UBNJ Member

OLM Knights of Columbus, Kinnelon, NJ

Took meat to alpine in blairstown once to have sausages made and when I went to pick it up they asked me how many pounds I wanted.  Obviously wasn't getting my own meat back.  Alpine in Honesdale PA weighs it in and gives you a weight after it's done which is about 1/3 more than what you brought in.  Orders are done separately.  Blairstown's kielbasi came back with a lot more fat in it.  A sickening amount.  Honesdale makes great hotdogs, breakfast sausage, deer sticks(called snacks there), etc, and are a lot cheaper than anyplace in NJ.  Savings will be way more than the cost of gas to get there.  They only take in deboned meat.  Check their butcher hours online.  They are different than the restaurant hours.  Ring the bell at the double doors around back on the right side of bldg as you pull in.

Edited by Greybeard

Have used Alpine in Blairstown for many years always good . No guarantee you will  get your meat back . Chop meat if he does while your there . That is very seldom because machine has to be cleaned before venison goes in . My son uses Tom in Washington very good also . All very pricey so do my own Now. You need grinder, stuffer ,casing and spices . LEM products