IGNORED

The fruit trees are coming along!

BCsaw

It was years waiting for the locally bought trees to fruit and now they are showing progress.
It's already time to buy more full length 1/2" rebar to continue the espalier process.
https://www.starkbros.com/growing-guide/article/espalier-fruit-trees62a0c2e51e200052c5fa17614680feb4.jpg41e326860d4b23ce6b7f8016a91300c2.jpg

*Chestnut Hill Dunstan trees are en route to select Walmart and Rural king stores, now.
http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001kLX2PQsbDNwIIFKlIO37k4okaiU6L1193k7vu9T9sLMwkHIlhFVZ5-pL_GLufiVBd9O8yFkMY2qZQbPGNDokJuVEYaWxfViCMTlCHtfwq6Eb8rkN0sUV8DTcDlMYNfngh23qMHrEa8FfbtUoclThIK2_jX7UbxMA&c=AgHPxRgKOlG_hJ5VbLaYSV7DFM8dkZDz0zknm_dISOmRd0LWyhwU2A==&ch=zXoJ1gsNtTjJMdTbB-G2fOAobNdkwScl8yhiU1_R-3_4Z1x7vI-zOw==&jrc=1

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, Kype said:

nice. i just planted dwarf peach trees in my yard because i love peach cobbler. my wife makes it great. had nice flowers on it early spring, now all green leaves with small buds forming. ill take a picture next time i go out. 

I plan on putting some peach trees next spring.  Which kind did you decide to plant?

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

16 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I plan on putting some peach trees next spring.  Which kind did you decide to plant?

just dwarf peach trees from a nursery. i opted for the dwarfs because you dont have to wait years for it to produce and they must be right because i have buds all over them. also said i should have peaches by summer so we will see. they are only about 4' tall right now, but has buds everywhere. im also curious to see the quality of peaches from a dwarf tree

1 minute ago, Kype said:

plan B will be peaches from the shop rite trees. i love peaches, especially peach cobbler

As the season coming to an end your peach plan is looking like my Turkey plan. Butterball isn’t bad 

If you like peaches find an orchard and buy them fresh from there. Many great place for peaches in NJ. 

15 hours ago, gnttn said:

I’ve got apple trees that i planted like 4 years ago. One finally bloomed this year, and the other really took off and grew like 2 feet but no flowers. We will see. 

You might want to add a crabapple or more apple trees for stronger pollination.   They often tell you to plant three or more or add a crabapple so that all trees get pollinated. 

I planted my fruit trees 3 years ago. I was told it takes trees thee years in the ground after the transplant to fruit. There are a few crabapple trees in this area.
At the same time, I've been keeping bees for three years and the bees are doing a bit of the local pollination.
https://www.beeculture.com/catch-buzz-apple-trees-bear-fruit-surrounded-good-neighbors-good-honey-bees-sure-grower-knows/20210505_161414.jpg20ceef2a1829bc57c73010e6ae77879e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk