IGNORED

Goose for dinner!!

Lunatic

2 minutes ago, Devil Horns said:

Post up the details. All I ever do is jerky with geese because I haven’t cooked it any other way that I enjoyed it. 

Try this, ground all the goose meat, mix it with dry Italian salad seasoning mix, ad 1 egg and a 1/2 c2p of bread crumbs to 2 lbs of meat, they make the best burgers you ever ate. When cooking them on the grill is get the cheapest Italian dressing I can and put some on both side of the burger while cooking to keep them fry drying out on the grill.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 minute ago, Devil Horns said:

Post up the details. All I ever do is jerky with geese because I haven’t cooked it any other way that I enjoyed it. 

Basic brasing. carrots, onions, celery, garlic, salt and pepper and whatever herbs and spices you like. I use smoked paprika, Italian seasoning very small amount, maybe a shot, of Teriyaki. Crock pot in the oven at 250 for 2 hrs.  

3 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Basic brasing. carrots, onions, celery, garlic, salt and pepper and whatever herbs and spices you like. I use smoked paprika, Italian seasoning very small amount, maybe a shot, of Teriyaki. Crock pot in the oven at 250 for 2 hrs.  

That sounds good except for the Teriyaki YUK

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

I have never kept the legs of geese - I should probably try it. But I totally agree about making burgers with them, it's great!

I have never plucked and cooked a whole breast of any game bird (like goose or turkey). I always hear horror stories from people that tried it. But breasting out the meat and (a) roasting or baking and (b) grinding for burger are great! 

Like others, I always breasted them out and either gave away to a not so close friend or made jerky out of em!  That presentation looks amazing. Thinking maybe in the instant pot too. That pressure cooker kicks ass. 

Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, "Aw, who cares?" And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"