IGNORED

For those that wear costa sunglasses

vdep217

13 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

Ok, maybe I'm missing something but that seems expensive for sunglasses?

They are.  But as with any thing else you get what you pay for.  Good glasses will save your eyes in the long run.  The clarity of quality  sunglasses is not realized until you use them.  Normal cost is about 200 give or take.  

Edited by vdep217

1 hour ago, stratocaster said:

Ok, maybe I'm missing something but that seems expensive for sunglasses?

Think of sunglasses like this, cheap glasses = Chevy Vega with 125,000 miles on it.  Costa/Smith/Oakley/etc. = brand new Ferrari.  It's not a matter of "a little difference".  I need to wear polarized prescription sunglasses for working in rivers as well as fly fishing and the difference between high end and crappy is night and day.  That's very cheap price for retail.     

I wish my costa/oakleys were that cheap! Prescription sunglasses are brutal haha. 

as others have stated- no comparison when you wear good vs cheap sunglasses. Even within costa- you can see a difference between glass and plastic. I’m all costa fishing and Oakley for hunting. 

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye57 said:

I wish my costa/oakleys were that cheap! Prescription sunglasses are brutal haha. 

as others have stated- no comparison when you wear good vs cheap sunglasses. Even within costa- you can see a difference between glass and plastic. I’m all costa fishing and Oakley for hunting. 

I was on their pro staff for 15 years .

And have way more pairs of them , than I should .

I don’t truelly see a difference between 580G and 580P..

normally opt with plastic due them being lighter , but have many pairs of both 

there is a big difference if you compare 580’s to 400’s P..

retail on 580G  Is 249 , so the listed price is a good deal .

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye57 said:

I have both,  dont notice a difference but polycarbonate has its place.  Glass is harder to scratch but drop them on concrete or a boat deck they are toast.  They spider crack.  Polycarbonate scratches easier but wont break if dropped.  The 580 lenses are night n day to the 400s as hammer said.  But I do have a pair of 400s I like them for troutfishing in the stream. Again both have there place for me..  also I like Costas repair program even if my fault I can get them fixed. For i believe 65 if I recall

Edited by vdep217

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

I was on their pro staff for 15 years .

And have way more pairs of them , than I should .

I don’t truelly see a difference between 580G and 580P..

normally opt with plastic due them being lighter , but have many pairs of both 

there is a big difference if you compare 580’s to 400’s P..

retail on 580G  Is 249 , so the listed price is a good deal .

I swore to myself I would never buy an expensive pair of sunglasses but one day I walked into a local tackle shop and noticed a Costa display case. The glasses inside were collecting dust so I wheeled and dealed with the man and he knocked $25.00 off and I walked out with a pair of 580p's with brown lens and love them. Since you were a pro-staffer in your opinion what is the best color lens for stream fishing?

Edited by bucky

i wish i went with the copper color. but bought black. still works great for looking at water. costa makes great sunglasses. if im in a boat or canoe i wear the sunglass strap so i dont loose a couple hundred dollar pair of glasses.

1 hour ago, bucky said:

I swore to myself I would never buy an expensive pair of sunglasses but one day I walked into a local tackle shop and noticed a Costa display case. The glasses inside were collecting dust so I wheeled and dealed with the man and he knocked $25.00 off and I walked out with a pair of 580p's with brown lens and love them. Since you were a pro-staffer in your opinion what is the best color lens for stream fishing?

I prefer 400 green mirror for steam fishing..  but that's me the 580 I use grey or charcoal .

For all around use I would say green mirror or blue mirror but I'm sure hammer will be able to go into more detail

Edited by vdep217