IGNORED

Remington 700 Custom Build

Haskell_Hunter

1 hour ago, trapoholic said:

No one should take a shot at a live animal at 600 Yards! Too many variables!

Totally disagree. Your stuck back in the old days. Todays firearms with the proper bullet in the hands of someone who put the time in to learn their rifle is easily capable of those distances. You cant be the guy that shoots his rifle the week before the season and make those shots. Ive seen the njhunting fb page. Guys shouldnt even be shooting crossbows at 20yds based on some shots ive seen🤣

2 hours ago, trapoholic said:

Well if everyone else on here agrees that 1200 yards is an acceptable distance to shoot at a whitetail, then I am OK with it. I will no longer stuck in the "Old Days".

My front sight covers a large barn at that distance!!

8 hours ago, trapoholic said:

X2! I could not agree with you more. One of the reasons that I no longer hunt in New Jersey is simply because its too easy. Most NJ hunters who come up to Maine for a week and do not see anything after the 2nd day become defeated and lose their focus. They can't wait to get back to NJ to shoot an 80LB spikehorn. I am going to Maine for the 3rd week of deer season and I am totally prepared to not see a deer for the entire week. And you know what- I will be right back up there next year. It is about the hunter and not the deer!

Agreed! Was tracking a buck in the snow last year and got caught up with how close I was getting to it after almost 2 hours since the track started. 

Looked at my GPS and discovered I was less than 6 miles away from the Canadian border. Had to break it off and head back. Made it back to the truck just before dark. 

The pack of howling yotes or wolves up there less than 75 yards away from me made the walk back interesting to say the least...

13 minutes ago, LPJR said:

Agreed! Was tracking a buck in the snow last year and got caught up with how close I was getting to it after almost 2 hours since the track started. 

Looked at my GPS and discovered I was less than 6 miles away from the Canadian border. Had to break it off and head back. Made it back to the truck just before dark. 

The pack of howling yotes or wolves up there less than 75 yards away from me made the walk back interesting to say the least...

That was a family of Squatches howling.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Lou needs an eye exam if he can't shoot a coyote at 75yds.
Guys are claiming 1200yd. cold bore shots!
I'll let you shoot my Rem 700 so you can join the 1200 club!
Booner got me some H1000 and I'm all up to speed with Gunwerks loading recommendations for speed.
Lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, BCsaw said:

Lou needs an eye exam if he can't shoot a coyote at 75yds.
Guys are claiming 1200yd. cold bore shots!
I'll let you shoot my Rem 700 so you can join the 1200 club!
Booner got me some H1000 and I'm all up to speed with Gunwerks loading recommendations for speed.
Lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Need a pound?? Come get it

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW