IGNORED

Coon hunt fun!

Went coon hunting tonight with some great people! I'm exhausted from covering a few miles in these north jersey hills. These dogs are amazing- get one track and follow a coon nearly a mile before treeing it all within a few mins. In 3 hrs we treed 5 coons.. (3 runs with a triple at one spot) we didnt shoot all 3 at the triple- shot 1 and left other 2 to breed.

Ended up with 3 coons and some very sore calves.

Also walked up on a nice doe tring to hide from all the commotion lol.

20191122_225517.jpg20191122_225613.jpgScreenshot_20191123-005602_Video%20Player.jpgScreenshot_20191122-234646_Video%20Player.jpg

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

I coon hunted for 20+ yrs. Some awesome memories. We had some great dogs. But as things got built up, real estate got smaller. We started losing dogs to cars. Once the last hound passed, we gave it up. 

In a second if buy another hound and start all over again if I had the land. The pines down south are good, but the big woods up north were fun to. 

My son has the hunting bug, actually in a blind right now for youth day. I'm sure he'd love it. 

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW

Looks like fun. We also rescued a coonhound and my wife wants her to run with other hounds. Maybe we can join you some time in the future [emoji106]
I met these guys on Facebook. They created a group for nj coon hunters .. offered to let anyone tag along..
I reached out to the 1 guy and hes from KY. Awesome dude
He brought his other buddy and a few more dogs. They run Coons like 3x a week.
I brought them up by me to show then some public land spots and we had a blast. I'm sure we will go again. Join the fb group and see about hooking up with some coon hunters in your area..

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com