IGNORED

descent system what do you use

FishNHard

9 hours ago, Lunatic said:

I like it!  Especially the price!!  I was looking into the Wingman....but $120!!

This device plus the Q Safe climbing strap is guna be my set up for WV next wk....been chancing things for too long

34 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

I like it!  Especially the price!!  I was looking into the Wingman....but $120!!

This device plus the Q Safe climbing strap is guna be my set up for WV next wk....been chancing things for too long

Its a one time use but the price should not make anyone hesitate. It is small so it fits in my pant's cargo pocket. I was going to get the wingman system but I did not like having to deal with the line dangling all the way to the ground -(additional scent and additional movement)

9 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Its a one time use but the price should not make anyone hesitate. It is small so it fits in my pant's cargo pocket. I was going to get the wingman system but I did not like having to deal with the line dangling all the way to the ground -(additional scent and additional movement)

Hmmmmm.....one time use?  Why so?  Got to be a way to reload that thing huh??

9 hours ago, FishNHard said:

Well look at it this way for $50 you would have to fall about 3 times to get to the price of the wingman if that's the case if you fell 3 times maybe bowling or golf would be a better sport LOL

That one time use thing stops you from trying it to see if it works.

I have the wingman and Know how good it works, I even adjusted mine to my weight. I put on my hss vest and climbed a step ladder to about the third rung and stepped off. Then a few steps higher, then sat on top of 8 foot ladder and fell off the side.

I have total trust in my setup. I can stop my descent by pinching the strap between my thumb and forefinger !

I also know someone that had his stand break while he was in it. He had a safety belt on but couldn't wait to get it off. He reached for his knife and cut the strap . He got banged up bad but alot of the damage was from the safety harness and Not the fall.

Again... I know what the wingman will do. I'll stick with that !