IGNORED

Treestand falls

bucky

47 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Thanks. I asked cuz o use LW sit on.  After this thread I’ll be inspecting my climber before going out again 

A good habit to get into for sure. All points of connection and contact should be checked. Another thing I've heard of is cables on hang on stands should be lubricated to prevent rust.

Also, ladder stands will rust from the inside of the tubes out. I read where people use spray foam to deaden metal that also helps prevent moisture from getting in.

Edited by _X7

23 hours ago, Nomad said:

Watch your rings also.  My nephew got his wedding ring caught on a step, over his head, when he stepped off the last step.  Cut him to the bone.   Luckily I had see this before and I managed to pull the ring off his finger before it swelled up.  It wasn't easy though.   Then off to the hospital for stitches.

I’d suggest to anyone to get a silicone wedding band! It’s more comfortable and you don’t have to worry about loosing a finger in some freak accident caused by a metal ring. 

After hearing about the horror stories about those screw ins I’ve been phasing them out, they’re probably the most dangerous equipment hunters are using. From pulling out and falling to being gutted while you fall.... no thanks! 

7 hours ago, Hitemnasty said:

I’d suggest to anyone to get a silicone wedding band! It’s more comfortable and you don’t have to worry about loosing a finger in some freak accident caused by a metal ring. 

After hearing about the horror stories about those screw ins I’ve been phasing them out, they’re probably the most dangerous equipment hunters are using. From pulling out and falling to being gutted while you fall.... no thanks! 

What is a silicone wedding band?

9 hours ago, _X7 said:

A good habit to get into for sure. All points of connection and contact should be checked. Another thing I've heard of is cables on hang on stands should be lubricated to prevent rust.

Also, ladder stands will rust from the inside of the tubes out. I read where people use spray foam to deaden metal that also helps prevent moisture from getting in.

I am hunting am and I went over my climber with a magnifying glass. All goo, I feel better now

Just now, jhrebs said:

I’m always nervous not that I will fall but that the tree falls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're climbing trees that make you nervous from it falling... maybe you should use a ground blind:hmmmer:

20 hours ago, jhrebs said:

I’m always nervous not that I will fall but that the tree falls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its no good to be nervous while climbing. You don't want to get complacent but fear is no good as well.

On that note I bough yesterday a descender device... I think you guys are scaring me with this thread:shock::happywave: