IGNORED

Treestand falls

bucky

11 minutes ago, barrike said:

I'm a veteran. I've also had many friends who were LEOs, EMTs, prison guards, etc. I have great respect for people in uniform. This guy was a complete disgrace, and I don't apologize for letting him know it. He was a complete ass. For his sake I hope he was just having a bad day. Everyone else on the scene was top notch and I let them know it.
I get it. It doesn't look good on my part. That's why I backed down. None of you were there, so I don't expect you to understand the situation.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

No I wasn’t there and I apologize  if it looked like I was piling it on - not my intent at all.

Just trying to say that my tail would have been firmly between my legs then.

No I wasn’t there and I apologize  if it looked like I was piling it on - not my intent at all.
Just trying to say that my tail would have been firmly between my legs then.

No worries. I was completely embarrassed and a little shaken. One guy changed that, and I lost my cool for a minute. After I blew my top, my tail went right back between my legs.

29 minutes ago, barrike said:

I'm a veteran. I've also had many friends who were LEOs, EMTs, prison guards, etc. I have great respect for people in uniform. This guy was a complete disgrace, and I don't apologize for letting him know it. He was a complete ass. For his sake I hope he was just having a bad day. Everyone else on the scene was top notch and I let them know it.
I get it. It doesn't look good on my part. That's why I backed down. None of you were there, so I don't expect you to understand the situation.

Thats a good point

18 minutes ago, barrike said:

Although both were dangerous situations & I'm glad you didn't get hurt, that second phone call must have been difficult. trying to imagine the conversation & how long you waited before calling.   I think I would have hugged the tree & took the bark burns (actually did that once in my early climber days when my tether untied) I understand if you dont want to share but once on the ground after some time had passed, you have to see the humor potential...

Although both were dangerous situations & I'm glad you didn't get hurt, that second phone call must have been difficult. trying to imagine the conversation & how long you waited before calling.   I think I would have hugged the tree & took the bark burns (actually did that once in my early climber days when my tether untied) I understand if you dont want to share but once on the ground after some time had passed, you have to see the humor potential...
Thanks. Yes. "Hi it's me again" was not a fun call to make. I'm thankful that the only injury was to my pride. And yes... now it's hilarious!

16 hours ago, 68Ioweu1 said:

I had a good friend fall a few weeks back in Somerset county. Fractured vertebrae broken back . 

He just passed away this past weekend due to complications from surgery. 

I still can’t believe it.  

Sorry for your loss, Anthony .

Makes you wonder how it all works at times.