IGNORED

Opening Morning Success

ElevatedHunter

This opening day was an exciting one for me this year. Was able to leave my second shift job early that Friday night, so was able to get everything together and get a decent sleep instead of staying up the whole night!

Got to my in-laws around 5am with about a 4 minute walk to my stand. Well guys I got lost! A stand that I have been walking to for the last 8 years and I got lost! I was very disappointed in myself after walking around for 45 mins looking for my tree..

Well I made it up and got settled. Saw a fox, two huge owls land in the tree next to me. Awesome sight. Had a small 4 pointer come in at first light so at least I knew I didn’t scare everything out!

Right around 8:30 had a doe come in. She wasn’t the most mature or biggest but she presented me with a perfect broadside 20 yard shot that I just could not pass up this opening morning. Let my wasp drone broad head do its thing! She ran up about 15 yards and dropped dead. Fantastic morning! Even with the rough start! God is so Good!

Congrats to everyone that had success this weekend. God Bless!

IMG_2307.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk