IGNORED

9/16 - Checkin

BillW0323

Yeah Jack, when you blow thru the shoulder blade the deer definitely knows something happened. All out death run time! lol

I have come to the conclusion that a quiet bow, zipping an arrow thru the ribs(lungs), of an unalarmed deer can equal the deer not going very far at all.  Maybe a few big leaps and then standing around and falling over dead. 

Sound and/or hard impact, can cause a calm or alarmed deer to go on the all out death run.  If the shot is good you are going to find them, but some will go further than the others.

Edited by Nomad

2 minutes ago, Ryanm said:

I’ve had nice double lungs with swhackers where the deer didn’t even know they were hit and a few seconds later take off. I’ve had others run right away . But never get far with a good double lung, usually 40 max. Have seen some make it 60 yards though. 

The deer I have shot with Swhackers have been from my xbow, which is very loud.  Probably cause an all out death run even if I missed. lol  

3 minutes ago, Ryanm said:

I’ve had nice double lungs with swhackers where the deer didn’t even know they were hit and a few seconds later take off. I’ve had others run right away . But never get far with a good double lung, usually 40 max. Have seen some make it 60 yards though. 

this doe made it 150 yards and I am being generous. Possibly more.   All down hill - which helped her cause.  Paint can blood down the corn rows like I never seen - had to move over a row to not get my clothing blood stained until I walked up on her.   My most positive review is that the BH did not skip or deflect like I once saw a  Rage two blade do, and it held together enough through the exit that it did it's job.   It's bent so it's a throw-away which is fine I suppose. I have two more so maybe will try them again. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

17 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

this doe made it 150 yards and I am being generous. Possibly more.   All down hill - which helped her cause.  Paint can blood down the corn rows like I never seen - had to move over a row to not get my clothing blood stained until I walked up on her.   My most positive review is that the BH did not skip or deflect like I once saw a  Rage two blade do, and it held together enough through the exit that it did it's job.   It's bent so it's a throw-away which is fine I suppose. I have two more so maybe will try them again. 

Last 3 deer same arrow, same head just saying, from nobody can catch fluke.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt