IGNORED

NJ Woods & Water 2019-2020 Adult Deer Hunting Contest Teams & Entries

BowhunterNJ

8 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Team 3 wins even if his spread credit comes in 1-2 inch less cause page 12 screw up. Someone gave KB 62 points instead of 64 points. But we won't mentions any names....

JACK can you fix the score :happywave:

You can mention names it was either me or Matt!    BTW - everyone should verify all scores- and don't be shy to report.  A- I truly suck at numbers, and B - if Matt screwed this one up he isn't much better.   I just updated KB's score based on his ORIGINAL measurements.

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

12 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

Matt what is at stake here?  What are the payouts looking like?  What are the awards for 1st and 2nd place for the teams?  Is it only 1st place wins?  Is there a 3rd place award?   We are talking about 1/2" difference.  I know for a fact that antlers lose at least 1/2 " or more of inside spread between the main beams over the drying period, so that at minimum makes them tied when KB gets his euro back.  If he measurements were a bit on the high side due to showing ruler up in the tines instead of over the beams, well there you have it - 1st and 2nd place will swap for sure. 

It’s an honor system anyway. No way to verify anything without pictures. 

59 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

@JHbowhunter when you added 1” to my total, because of pics with measurements, you added only to the total, not to the buck score. Now,doe + buck does not add up to the total. 
the buck should be 50” not 49”

good catch - at least it didn't change the outcome I got the totals correct.  I fixed it 

I shot a big 10pt once….

12 hours ago, Buck154 said:

Team 3 wins even if his spread credit comes in 1-2 inch less cause page 12 screw up. Someone gave KB 62 points instead of 64 points. But we won't mentions any names....

JACK can you fix the score :happywave:

Do we have inside spread on KB's buck? I can not find it.

I am not sure inside will be only 2" less. I for sure can not tell by the picture. I am not suggesting with this pic what the score really is. This is just to illustrate how difficult it is from this pic to get a measurement

20191023_182312.thumb.jpg.6a3f999eb7305fa556e2a019e3b3f9dc.jpg

Edited by Lunatic

9 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Do we have inside spread on KB's buck? I can not find it.

I am not sure inside will be only 2" less. I for sure can not tell by the picture. I am not suggesting with this pic what the score really is. This is just to illustrate how difficult it is from this pic to get a measurement

20191023_182312.thumb.jpg.6a3f999eb7305fa556e2a019e3b3f9dc.jpg

I think his mistake was taking a pic with ruler up there, which creates a false depth perception issue.  I just checked 4 of my biggest racks and not a single one has more spread up in the tines, all have the best spread between the beams... Just glancing at all the others, i don't see a single rack that is wider between the tines. So I think it's more likely his original green measurement was pretty darn close, except now after drying when he gets it back it will have lost at least 1/2" but still won't change the outcome for the contest.    I never thought to check that out on my racks - but it's true.   Generally the best spread is between the beams on the "inside". 

I shot a big 10pt once….

21 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I think his mistake was taking a pic with ruler up there, which creates a false depth perception issue.  I just checked 4 of my biggest racks and not a single one has more spread up in the tines, all have the best spread between the beams... Just glancing at all the others, i don't see a single rack that is wider between the tines. So I think it's more likely his original green measurement was pretty darn close, except now after drying when he gets it back it will have lost at least 1/2" but still won't change the outcome for the contest.    I never thought to check that out on my racks - but it's true.   Generally the best spread is between the beams on the "inside". 

I have zero issue with whatever decision you guys make.

On 2/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, JHbowhunter said:

I checked a bunch of my deer and I agree. The angle makes it look like there is a big difference between the two measurements