IGNORED

18 farms in zones 7/8/10 for deer/turkey/geese

ltnic

Hey guys-

I've posted this in a couple replies to people looking for places to hunt this season but figured I'd post here as well so more folks get a chance to see it...

We're about to launch LandTrust which is 'Airbnb for hunting trips' on private land and we've got 18 beautiful farms representing over 1300 acres in 3 zones ~1hr from NYC in the Stewartsville area. We've also got a couple properties in the Catskills who've signed up. This is a great alternative to expensive annual leases. You can simply book trips on private land and pay for the days you actually hunt and hunt different properties throughout the season.

We're going live with the site in a couple weeks (in time for bow season) and you can sign up here (https://nj.landtrust.com/sportsmen/) to be notified soon as we do so you can book hunting trips on these properties and more for this hunting season. I personally photographed these farms last week and they're all beautiful with corn/soybeans and woods surrounding them. Properties will have turkeys, whitetail, & geese (especially the farm right next to the Delaware!).

Really looking forward to helping you guys get out on some great properties this season!

Nic

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Welcome to the site Nic!  Good luck with the business, curious to see how this pans out as many hunters often struggle to find places to hunt (and not experience any headaches).

Does anyone oversee these properties throughout the season, i.e. posting and patrolling for trespassing, etc?

Thanks for the kind words! We're definitely hoping to help solve that problem with LandTrust. Btw- we're nationwide too so be sure to look for properties in other states once we're live.

The landowner and one of his farming crew check on the properties very often as he lives centrally located to all the farms

1 hour ago, Bonefreak said:

Hmmmmm....

Interesting!

Good luck with the business!

Big question for guys will be.....how much $ will it cost??!!

Great Question! I believe the landowner is looking in the ~$100/day range for deer to start. The truth is, we're creating a new market so we'll have to see what type of pricing the market supports. Obviously pricing will depend on a bunch of factors like acreage, quality of habitat, etc. but at the end of the day the landowners get to set their own pricing.

16 minutes ago, Ryanm said:

Will bear hunting be available on the property? 

There are bears on a couple of the properties (we saw scat) so I think the landowner will list it. I won't say that they're premium bear spots but there's at least opportunity.

Santini's...Hmmm interesting concept here.  Def interested to see how this will operate. Will stands be provided? How will hunters know where to go (pre scouted)?  Will you be paying for a spot that someone blew up the day before? Anyhow, think its def worth a shot! Goodluck and look forward to seeing follow ups and hunter's reviews as this progresses.

10 hours ago, Bones said:

$100 a day isn’t bad but how many people will be there when you aren’t and how many will be there at a time, week, season?  

That's a great question. Max number of hunters depends on the property as well as the landowner's preference. How many hunters that hunt the property will be dependent on how the landowner manages the calendar for a property: black out dates, minimum days per booking, & hunter demand for the property.

At the end of the day it's all completely up to the landowner how they want to manage their property. If they let a new hunter hunt the property every day of the season, the quality will go down and therefore they'll command a lower price. We'll be working with landowners to communicate good land management practices and ways to increase the value of their property in this model.