IGNORED

18 farms in zones 7/8/10 for deer/turkey/geese

ltnic

14 hours ago, deadonshot2 said:

Good luck with the new business venture. It definitely sounds like it could fill a niche for the outdoorsman/woman. As in any new business you will have mixed results and I am sure learn from them. Good luck again. $100 a day is cheap if you compare it to many other things people do. Football game/concert $100+ for a few hours. 

Thanks for the encouragement! 

Ha totally, $100 is 2 beers and some wings in the city. I'd rather hunt!

15 hours ago, tuny said:

I'd be interested for goose hunting, is the pricing per person or per trip.

There's a couple GREAT goose spots right on the Delaware so be sure to sign up and we'll notify you when they go live.

Prices are usually per hunter/per day but some landowners will do a price per trip model too.

15 hours ago, Mixbaghunter said:

I sighed up and watching  one more idea would be place to run you dog for the day . During the summer . 

Awesome! Yes, that is a good idea. Btw- is that a black lab pup in your picture? I run a black pointing lab out of Iowa Pointing Labs kennel

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

Interesting idea. What is there not to like when more people open their land to hunting and more hunters get out there and hunt. All the ifs and and buts will shake out in short order. The Price will be what people are willing to pay 

Good luck 

Thanks for the encouragement, Lunatic! I totally agree, in addition to building a great business I really just want more people to get outdoors hunting & fishing. Agree on all the details shaking out and pricing being what the market will support.

We'll need all the feedback we can get from you guys once you start booking hunts!

20 hours ago, ltnic said:

Thanks for the encouragement, Lunatic! I totally agree, in addition to building a great business I really just want more people to get outdoors hunting & fishing. Agree on all the details shaking out and pricing being what the market will support.

We'll need all the feedback we can get from you guys once you start booking hunts!

:up::up:

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 3:36 PM, A&N_Hunter said:

when in september do you anticipate your website going live?

Sorry for the delayed response! I was actually on the first LandTrust hunt booked on a beautiful ranch in Colorado chasing elk last week. We found them but couldn't make a play on them (nocturnal due to full moon and in the nastiest/steepest crap during the day). Such a blast though and totally got me jacked up to experience a LandTrust hunt for myself.

Anyway, we'll be live before the end of the month and now have over 100k acres in 28 states signed up. Appreciate the patience and be sure to sign up to get notified soon as all the listings go live.

On 9/19/2019 at 12:43 PM, WVAhunter08 said:

Would you require hunters participating in this to carry insurance? Would there be a universal waiver that you signed with your company or with the landowner? I’m just wondering how liability factors into the equations being that we sadly live in a sue happy world now 

Great question! We're providing general liability insurance for all bookings through the platform and the hold harmless waiver is part of our terms of service which all sportsmen must accept before they can make a booking.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2019 at 10:06 AM, ltnic said:

Hey guys-

I've posted this in a couple replies to people looking for places to hunt this season but figured I'd post here as well so more folks get a chance to see it...

We're about to launch LandTrust which is 'Airbnb for hunting trips' on private land and we've got 18 beautiful farms representing over 1300 acres in 3 zones ~1hr from NYC in the Stewartsville area. We've also got a couple properties in the Catskills who've signed up. This is a great alternative to expensive annual leases. You can simply book trips on private land and pay for the days you actually hunt and hunt different properties throughout the season.

We're going live with the site in a couple weeks (in time for bow season) and you can sign up here (https://nj.landtrust.com/sportsmen/) to be notified soon as we do so you can book hunting trips on these properties and more for this hunting season. I personally photographed these farms last week and they're all beautiful with corn/soybeans and woods surrounding them. Properties will have turkeys, whitetail, & geese (especially the farm right next to the Delaware!).

Really looking forward to helping you guys get out on some great properties this season!

Nic

Ok guys, it took us a couple more weeks than we initially hoped and I know we missed the opener  (sorry!), but we're FINALLY ready to launch LandTrust! I wanted to announce it first to this community since you all were so helpful & engaged when I first posted about it. I'll also be sending text messages to everyone who signed up through the link in my original post so I don't miss anyone who supported us right off that bat.

What does this mean? It means you can now go on https://www.landtrust.com/ and start booking hunting trips on some beautiful private land in NJ/NY and many other states. NJ is the very first state we're bringing hunters onboard from and we've got a ton more listings that are still being built so be sure to come back and keep checking out what we've got. We've got Colorado elk properties, Kansas deer & pheasant, midwest whitetail, and many more.

When you create your free account, please be sure to upload a good photo of yourself and a quick little bio as well. This will help landowners get to know who you are better and making the booking process faster. 'Trust' is in our name and little things like this help to build trust in the marketplace.

Here are a couple listings that I'm really wanting to book, but am restraining myself so you guys can get out there! Ok, I did already do an elk hunt on Shults' ranch but it was the first hunt booked through LandTrust in the name of market research ;)

- Vargo Farm, NJ (https://www.landtrust.com/l/vargo-farm/5d88fb7c-80bc-42a5-bbac-e90c3b2ba5ff)

- Odowd Farm West, NJ (https://www.landtrust.com/l/odowd-farm-west/5d88ecf2-9e55-433c-ae61-f091ad709333)

- Grassmere Farm West, NY (https://www.landtrust.com/l/grassmere-farm-west/5d8ca598-ce8a-44a6-983b-f91e70f7e472)

- Grassmere Farm East, NY (https://www.landtrust.com/l/grassmere-farm-east/5d92408a-f38c-4f64-98c3-97251a8b626f)

- Shults Cow Camp, CO (https://www.landtrust.com/l/shults-cow-camp-elk-mule-deer-hunts/5d853e3b-116e-4b5c-99c8-0731c3765ec0

- Brown Farm, KS (https://www.landtrust.com/l/brown-home-farm-pheasant-dove-antelope/5d855e5b-9aec-4f0f-af8c-527a31b7dbbc)

As always, I'd love to hear feedback from you guys as you begin to book hunts. And with any new software/product, we did our very best to get rid of any bugs but I'm sure there may be a couple sneaking around in there so please let us know if you encounter any and we'll fix them ASAP.

Nic

31 minutes ago, ltnic said:

As always, I'd love to hear feedback from you guys as you begin to book hunts. And with any new software/product, we did our very best to get rid of any bugs but I'm sure there may be a couple sneaking around in there so please let us know if you encounter any and we'll fix them ASAP.

Nic

Looks great.  I'm pretty set for the whole season but I may look into this for next.  It might help if you posted GPS coordinates or a street address of each of the properties on the property page.  Many of us have mapping software tools (like hunt stand) that help us identify property boundaries, terrain, elevation, etc.  I see that you posted a static map with each, that helps.  But the GPS coordinates / street address would help too.  If it's in there somewhere, I must have missed it....

18 minutes ago, dlist777 said:

Looks great.  I'm pretty set for the whole season but I may look into this for next.  It might help if you posted GPS coordinates or a street address of each of the properties on the property page.  Many of us have mapping software tools (like hunt stand) that help us identify property boundaries, terrain, elevation, etc.  I see that you posted a static map with each, that helps.  But the GPS coordinates / street address would help too.  If it's in there somewhere, I must have missed it....

Appreciate the feedback! Great point, we share gps coordinates via onXmaps with hunters once they make a booking. We also have a 20% off discount for onX's premium services which allows you to save maps and use them offline + private landowner data. The static maps are just to give an idea before you make a booking request.

Keep the feedback coming!