IGNORED

Field Dressing Turkey

nickc1127

2 hours ago, megavites said:

I wish they would let us check in online

That's coming soon. 

X2 on legs and thighs. I crock pot with cup of apple cider vinegar, some spices. Low 6-7 hours. Shred it off the bone, separate out any tendons, etc. Put back on low with sweet baby rays bbq sauce and it's like a pulled pork sandwich. Delicious.

Thanks for all the help everybody, I did end up getting my first turkey on opening day morning, roosted him the night before and got in early the next morning and set up around 150-200 yards from him. He flew down and all it took was a few soft yelps and he came right down the gun barrel. Check in and butchering was no issue, put the breast on the smoker and legs in the crockpot. 

20 1/2 lbs, 8 1/2 beard, 7/8 inch spurs

turkey.jpg

Just got done with this one. Found two stray pellets that won't have to spit out later

KIMG1141.thumb.JPG.d47e73b7af32cc1536ff6a0129674fe4.JPG

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

On 4/25/2019 at 12:34 PM, nickc1127 said:

Thanks for all the help everybody, I did end up getting my first turkey on opening day morning, roosted him the night before and got in early the next morning and set up around 150-200 yards from him. He flew down and all it took was a few soft yelps and he came right down the gun barrel. Check in and butchering was no issue, put the breast on the smoker and legs in the crockpot. 

20 1/2 lbs, 8 1/2 beard, 7/8 inch spurs

turkey.jpg

Congrats!!

Easy squeezy!!

Usually doesn't happen text book like that!!

Great job tho....u did it homework n deserve that beautiful bird!!